Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Rossi 45 w/Tuned pipe for Sig Kouger

Old 10-24-2005, 08:21 PM
Props4ever

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Rossi 45 w/Tuned pipe for Sig Kouger

Hi,

I have Sig Kouger and i am looking to get Rossi 45 with tuned pipe set up for it, i like to know what you guys think about it?, i want to use this Kouger for my training towards DF TGA F15 jet....I would appreciate all responces...Thnx

Sammy
Old 10-25-2005, 09:40 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Rossi 45 w/Tuned pipe for Sig Kouger

The combination will work quite well.

Of note, the Rossi .40 is nearly the same power output as the .45, and cost a bit less (at least at Morris). Just a thought.

The Kougar is a wonderful plane. One of the classics. The first one I owned had a K&B40 in it - flew fine with that (circa 1978)

You may want to forego the full pipe, and stick with the Rossi mini-pipe-muffler. Or use a jett-stream or ultra-thrust tuned muffler. Ends up lighter weight, and there is no tuning involved. Plus no worries about how to route the pipe. Just bolt it on, install a 9x8 or 10x6 and enjoy

As for training for the F-15 - it will be quick, so in that respect it will help..... but it is still a sport plane. Its very well behaved. No retracts involved, not draggy, does not tend to build overly-heavy (balanced wing loading), no real need for energy management (per say) as you will have to learn for the F-15.

Fortunately, the TGA F-15 is well behaved as well. Flys like a pattern ship, though it does bleed energy in the turns. Lands and takes off well.

Bob
Old 10-26-2005, 05:19 PM
wildnloose

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have this combo w/mini pipe. Its fast and its fun. I agree with everything bob says. I don't think the Kougar is the best jet trainer. Simply, it just flies too well.

One thing about my Rossi 45. I could not get it to like a 10x6 prop. Period. It simply did not run well (only turning 14.2k with bad transition and lean runs). But when I put on a 9x7, man you wanna talk about waking up (turning 16.8, but I fly at 16.5 and it never gets hot, no lean runs). I just fly all day...
Old 10-26-2005, 07:13 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If you really want to use the Kougar as a "trainer" for your DF you could:

1) install retracts (you'll find posts regarding this subject here on RCU) you'll get used to them & it will have a heavier wing loading + (you can also add some lead on the CG)

2) setup a delay response (start with 1 sec then go up sec 2 and 3 sec ...) 3 sec delay should give you the feel of a DF

3) put a small(er) prop with steep(er) pitch... it will spool up the speed more like a DF & it will take longer runway for take of... more like... well ya know

hope this helps!