Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

MAGNUM with west 50 running on when throttle shut

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

MAGNUM with west 50 running on when throttle shut

Old 10-31-2005, 12:40 PM
albertocvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAGNUM with west 50 running on when throttle shut

For those who have the same problem with the Magnum plane with West 50 engine ,here is the solution : Dubro fuel shut-off valve . Wen you hare on final aproach , shut-off the fuel with some switch assigned on the transmitter , and then wen you open the throttle the engine stops ..... no more broken props.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71528.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	346556   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10151.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	346557  
Old 10-31-2005, 11:21 PM
cobratraxxas69
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: MAGNUM with west 50 running on when throttle shut

Great idea....I have noticed the same issue with the West 50. But it's never an issue for me as I always run the plane till the fuel is gone (When I hear the tone change[engine leans out], I shut the throttle down). I hope it's not damaging the engine too bad[]
Old 11-05-2005, 07:26 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Guys:

Sounds like MDS and Magnum use the same carb. Had several MDS engines with the same problem, air leakage. Put a ST carb on one, stopped the problem and ran great. You might try some of the aftermrket carbs like a racing version of the perry, or the best of the best, the Jett (sports Jett) carb. Bet you could talk Dub or Bob B match you up or mill you one down as necessary. Jett and crew are great guys and will help whenever possible, even on a Magnum which is gonna self destruct at any moment!
Old 11-05-2005, 11:30 PM
ChuckL
My Feedback: (2)

I have a couple West 50s I have no idea whether or not they shut down in the air , I have jett bubbless tanks on both so there is no fear of leaning by running the tank dry. I just fly until out of fuel one is set up on a magnum and the other is on a dust. I have the CG on the magnum at 140mm as suggested by rudeboy and it glides like a trainer my dust glides very well also with a rearward set CG.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:10 AM
Strykaas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rmenke, it's not about Magnum engines, but West engines, which use Webra TNII carbs. They're pretty good AFAIK.