Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Jerry Smith plane

Old 11-09-2005, 06:11 PM
BullardRM
My Feedback: (39)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Jerry Smith plane

I was in NC last weekend at an IMAA flyin. When the open flying began a fellow brought out a small delta plane with a weber 21 on it. It had one stab down the centerline and a pretty thick airfoil. The best info I could get from the guy was it was a Jerry Smith design and I beleive he called it a Banshee. He stated the kit was no longer avaliable, but the rights had been sold to a company that was going to see an ARF version. He did say the plans were out there, but did not give any details. Any info on this planee would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:37 PM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jerry Smith plane

It was probably the Jerry Smith Outlaw. Nice plane. I had two and still might have a short kit around here for it.

E-Cubed RC had the kit and plans when I bought my sets. I wonder who has it now.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Electric Delta
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jerry Smith plane

Yep, www.e-cubed.com was the place to get plans and/or short-kits for the Outlaw. I got a short-kit on eBay, they show up there from
time to time. There are also some good threads here on rcuniverse.com on building and flying the Outlaw.
Electric Delta