Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

DDust

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Rflyin
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DDust

Hello,
I'm building my first DD and will be putting a TT Pro 46 on it. What I would like to know is when using the 4-40 pushrods can I get away with not using the pushrod guide that mounts to the fin?

Thanks,
Rick
Old 03-28-2006, 10:48 PM
BullardRM
My Feedback: (39)

Default RE: DDust

I sure would not recommend you doing that. They are so simple to install with a plastic cable tie and a small balsa spacer. The risk is not worth the loss. My DD screams around the turns and I can only imagine what the push rods are doing. "An ouce of prevention--" is cheaper than a new plane.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:57 PM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Get some carbon push rods from [link=http://www.pacifier.com/~dcady/]Darrol Cady[/link]
They will get the job done without additional support... and they'll be a lot lighter too...
Old 03-29-2006, 08:49 AM
huey-pilot
My Feedback: (17)

I have two DDust's, one with a Nova Rossi .21 turbo and the other with a Jett FIRE .60LX, both of these have 3/16 carbon fiber pushrods and titanium ends that I purchased from Central Hobbies. I tried the 4-40 wires and guide on my first Dust but I could hear a lot of vibrating type noise from them while in flight. With the carbon fiber rods you do not need a guide.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:52 PM
Rflyin
My Feedback: (6)

Thanks for the replys. I got some cf rod today. One more question, do I need to upgrade the servo arms at this stage?

Rick
Old 03-30-2006, 08:46 AM
huey-pilot
My Feedback: (17)

I don't know if it is needed but I have Dubro heavy duty servo arms on both of my Dust's, I have lost other planes in the past due to a servo arm failure.