Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

PATRIOT FOR SELL?

Old 12-15-2005, 09:34 PM
picard1
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default PATRIOT FOR SELL?

Well guys i'm thinking about selling my 40 size patriot. She only has eleven flights on her so she looks brand new. Spring air, jet 50 motor, Bladder tank, 3001 servos, 138 futaba receiver, 1500mah battery. I may keep the engine, but what is she really worth on the market?

I am wanting to get into IMAC and pattern flying and need to sell her or trade...

Mike
Old 12-15-2005, 09:47 PM
alea
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: PATRIOT FOR SELL?

What's your price?
Old 12-16-2005, 11:12 AM
picard1
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry for such a late repy. I can only get online early in the morning or late at night. What I am hoping to find out here on the forum is its value before I sell it. I know what it cost to build one with all new parts, but what I am trying to find out is its resale value?

mike
Old 12-16-2005, 01:16 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

$500-
Old 12-16-2005, 04:32 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hard to say really, if the thing looks immaculate with a kickass scheme on it and all built perfectly, it's worth more. To the right person possibly even more than what it would cost to build it new. It's very subjective to personal tastes, and value of quality. Could be anywhere from $300 to $700. Depends what JETT 50 it is, what model spring air retracts, are all the servo's brand new with just the 11 flights or did they come out of another plane somewhere previous. Receiver isn't something most people want because it likely isn't on their channel or even the type of radio they use, at least the servo's are usable with other systems though may require some modification on the plugs. Batteries, I would never buy used batteries simply due to not knowing how they were treated, charged, cycled etc. Engine is a tough one, did it ever have a lean run? etc etc etc, so as I say, there are so many variables. When it comes to selling any airplane, what it's worth is what somebody is willing to pay for it and what you are willing to sell it for. You have to decide what is the LEAST amount YOU will accept for it and then start a little above that to give some room for dealing. If the least you will accept is $500 but market value is only $300 then chances of getting your 500 is slim, but if that's the minimum you'd take, then that's what you have to ask. I've put airplanes up for sale asking 10% or 15% above my minimum, some sell right away, others take a long time. Sometimes it sells for way less than I COULD have gotten, but as long as I got what I wanted I'm happy. If you think it's worth more than what you will accept, then place the ad for $xxxx or best offer.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:03 AM
Rudeboy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

By the way Jeremy, what happened to that Whip of yours? I seem to remember you having a similar problem with that one...?
Old 12-18-2005, 11:24 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yup, patience paid off though. Got what I wanted for it. I knew it would sell eventually, ironically though, it didn't get much interest at all until I posted in the forum here. I believe I had been asking $800 or trade for servo's I needed for the Super Bandit, ended up trading for 3 JR8611's, 2 JR8411's and 2 JR2721's which I needed which works out damn close to the $800 I was asking