Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

T-38 'Talon' propjet from Bob Cambell RC kits..

Old 12-21-2005, 03:04 PM
Props4ever

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default T-38 'Talon' propjet from Bob Cambell RC kits..

Hi Guys,

Sometime ago i was inquiring about this propjet i bought from local hobby shop, well it turned out to be T-38 Talon from Bob Cambell RC kits, i really like this jet as it is very close to real T-38 in apperance, currently am sanding the wings and trying to sand off convering's color pigments stuck to the surface. I have almost completed sanding and pigment removal on with wing but fuse is still to be done. I am not sure type of retracts that this jet was designed for as i thought plans would say something. I bought OS 60 Max with perry pump and carb new in box for it, plus i also bought enya muffled tune pipe for it. Most exciting feature i liked about this jet is the fully functional flying stabs as could be seen in one of the pics. This jet is almost as tall as i am. I have some pics to share with all you guys...

Sammy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52919.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	252.1 KB
ID:	373775   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24788.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	373776   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ek15014.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	373777   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vo37522.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	373778   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ep84948.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	373779  
Old 12-21-2005, 04:05 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: T-38 'Talon' propjet from Bob Cambell RC kits..

The RC Specialties kit was awesome. I found a kit not long ago.

I also saw a few of these fly back in the early 1980s. It needs power. Was just about adequate with an OS 61FSR back then.

Real nice plane. Good find you have there.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:38 PM
Props4ever

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes Bob i am very happy with it, now i want to complete sanding the fuselage and get to recover it, i was looking to get Rossi 60 for it but Rossi's dont come with perry carb and pump built in specially with 36" back of firewall in tail section. I still have to find 3 pc canopy for it, SteveW thanks for coping and sending me plans with some instructions for this jet. I think once done this will be one hell of propjet to own and fly regulary...

Sammy
Old 12-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Props4ever

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I started to sand the fuselage couple hrs ago, i started sanding on the spine (area right behind cockpit and before vertical stab.) of the jet, its coming along ok, i also cracked the glue joint at the base of V stab, i did this due to crocked angle of the v stab, i noticed it in one of the pics....

Sammy
Old 12-22-2005, 03:58 AM
Props4ever

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Both sides of fuselage are done sanding, i have taken off most of the colored pigment left on the fuselage from peeled cover film. In morning or afternoon i will finish of the belly of this jet by same process. Once all the sanding is done i am planning to start filling job where needed followed by rebuilding nose section, now i would like to know from you guys if i should mount the engine first and then build around the engine or build the nose section complete and then install the engine at the end?, i do want to leave enough access to remove and reinstall engine if needed....

Sammy
Old 12-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I was thnking of when I rebuild my F-20, trying to do the front end in a T-38 style. Looks like the canopy would be the only hassle.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Props4ever

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well you could make one from balsa block or blue foam block, but i want to get original canopy for it, that is the only problem. Like you see i still have covering, painting, installing air retracts on this jet so i still ahve time to find original canopy, if not then i'll go with one of the above mentioned ways to do one...

Sammy
Old 12-22-2005, 01:13 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You do not need the perry carb, just the pump. Use the stock rossi carb.

The current perry pump adjustment is pretty good. Set up the engine first without the pump (on the test stand). Get the needles right. Then install the pump in line. Adjust the PUMP until the top end mixture matches what it was without the pump. Then you may need some minor tweeks to the low end needle.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:50 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: CONCORDEFAN

...now i would like to know from you guys if i should mount the engine first and then build around the engine or build the nose section complete and then install the engine at the end?, i do want to leave enough access to remove and reinstall engine if needed....

Sammy
Build the nose around the engine. That way the spinner and thrust line can be sanded into the nose perfectly. Cut outs for muffler and needle valve and also be cut correctly.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_15..._2/key_/tm.htm See posts 29-31

Don
Old 12-22-2005, 06:12 PM
Props4ever

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Bob,

I dident bought Rossi, instead i bought OS 60 FRS MAX with perry carb and pump already installed on the engine, i checked if i could take the pump off but instruction highly prohibit doing that. So i dont have any intend like that. According to instructions i got along with plans it states that fuel tank will be 36" behind the engine, so i like you said would need pump on the engine, and i want to keep perry carb since it is also cane installed on the engine and should work with pump.

Don:

I checked out your link and i think its better to built around the engine installed on the fuselage.

Sammy

Old 12-23-2005, 02:38 AM
Props4ever

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tonight i did some filling job on mainly spine bulkhead right aft of cockpit area, i also did filling above both dummy air intakes plus few other places on the airframe. I did something different then i said before, i made my own dummy exhaust nozzles with 15 thow styrene plastic sheet and mounted them on the back of model....

Sammy
Old 12-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Props4ever

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I havent done anything yet to this model since last post but i got chance to take pic of dummy exhaust nozzles for to share with you guys, now my next setp with these would th to sand and fill joint creases and then air brush outher sid eon nozzles Titanum metal weathered and inside with charcoal gray to represent used nozzles..I will most likely start recovering wing by tonight.

Sammy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89317.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	376334