Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

diamond dust props

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

diamond dust props

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 08:12 AM
GOT DEET?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diamond dust props

hello all , i was just wondering what props all of you are using on your diamond dusts and whips. i like the 8x6 apc with grrt 40.
ive seen lots of posts where people were using 9 inch props .
i tried a 9x5 on mine and it was a dog . just wondering ........ try not to make carbon confetti !!!
Old 11-20-2002, 12:13 PM
helihawks

Default props

I have the Jett Sport 40 pushing
a 8.25 x 7.5 to 19 Grand on the ground!

I have about 9 of um laying around here thinking
I'd ruin um... But still on the original!
(Fly til out of fuel!!!!)

Want a couple?

Byron, Omaha
Old 11-20-2002, 01:33 PM
Carl.E

Default GRRT prop

Running that 8x6 prop on the GRRT is like running a 5-speed car in 3rd gear. I bet you have AWESOME acceleration, but top speed isn't as high as it could be. To get the most speed out of your pylon engine on a 3 pound plane try a 7x9. That's been the best combo for my GRRT/D. Dust that I have found so far. A lot of guys will tell you the 7" prop is too small to do anything, but that is on their whiplashes; the Dust weighs quite a bit less, so less static thrust is needed to take off and fly well.

Carl
Old 11-21-2002, 11:37 PM
FlooredCOBRA

Default Depends

It depends on what GRRT you have. Some have the front rear intake rear exhaust. But one difference is that one takes an adapter from the rear of engine to the pipe. The FAI version the pipe clips directly on the engine.

I am running the FAI version with clipped pipe. I asked the same question about what props work with GRRT. I found that the other engine gets on the pipe at a different rpm. So the props recommendations did work to well for me. But was a good ballpark area.

I found that it runs good with an 8 x 6 also but way faster with the 7.2 x 8.6 all APC. With the 8 x 6 it tac at 24,200 and with the other tac at 23,700. But note that I did have to sand the tips of my props then balance. If I did not it would not get up on the pipe and it would just run like 16,000 to 17,000 on the ground.
Old 11-23-2002, 04:21 PM
Jeff Gilbert

Default diamond dust props

The GRRT40 on the Dust with the stock pipe has work real well for us with the APC 7.8 x 7. This prop is not going to give you absolute maximum speed but it is close. The best part is that it launches fairly well and stays on the pipe.