Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Mach Racer .25-.36

Old 01-17-2006, 10:53 PM
MishaParem

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Mach Racer .25-.36

[link=http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/123780.asp]http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/123780.asp[/link]

Has anyone tried this plane? Sounds like a ripper, designated as .25-.36 but the description itself says you can place a .46 on it (my intention) For those who have tried this plane I have several questions:

1) Has anyone tried removing the gear and hand launching it?
2) How is the handling on it? Forgive my nature for not trusting a seller's description.
3) How is the workability with this plane? (installing servos, fuel tank, engine, repairs which I hopefully won't need to do)

And for anyone else who has flown glow powered flying wings:

1) Has anyone tried removing the gear and handlaunching?
2) If so, do/did you install skids for the landings? (another option is landing in the short grass I suppose)

The more speed I get, the more I want, but I don't wanna buy something crappy even if its the fastest there is, thats why I ask.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:33 AM
Drifter_87

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Mach Racer .25-.36

same as a rapier with wheels lol
Old 01-18-2006, 07:47 AM
kamakazie frank
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just ordered one from Hobby People yesterday. This is a fairly new model and I don't think anyone has one yet. I've seen other Model Tech products and the quality looks good. Based on that I ordered one and should have it within a week. For $90 plus $8 shipping it's a plus!

Have a few Enya 45CX's & tuned pipes lying around & will use as power. Structurally I will find out how it holds up!

kf
Old 01-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Cabane
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I too just ordered one of these. For the price what the hey. Got a Webra .32 or TT .36 to put on it. I'll go no landing gear or skids. My DD didn't have skids on the bottom and held up fine landing on grass. I'll check back here when I get mine.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:44 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3806629/tm.htm
Old 01-23-2006, 03:21 PM
jsn
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Cabane,

just so ya know your in for some extra work fitting your smaller engine...

I had planed to use my webra 32 with a throttle pipe. The engine rails are made of wood and to wide for the smaller engine... no biggie to fix BUT the damn height and orientation of the pipe put is right against the right side of the nose[:@] I would have had to remove and rebuild most of the right side of nose area to fit in the smaller engine. Since I had a NIB TT pro 46 I just slapped it on... then I found the other problem I would have had with the smaller engine...CG...the plane is set up for an engine weight of around 17OZ... you have some room to move things around but I'm not sure you have enough to make up for a lighter engine... it won't take much lead to bring it in line BUT dammit I HATE Lead unless it's coming out of a gun barrel

The bottom looks plenty strong for belly landing and they provide a skid to use... I HAD to use the trike gear[:@] the dry lake I fly from just tears the hell out of the bottom even with a skid... my Magnum barely survived the first few flight's due to this and it now has gear because of it[:'(]

John
Old 01-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

from the web site:

Fast and Agile... Ready for an Adrenaline high? Well hold on when you fly the Mach Racer from Model Tech. This is one fast delta. At 3.5 lbs flying weight, power to weight is certainly no issue when you install your favorite 46. The simple, clean airframe makes this Delta fast and fun to fly. Because it's a delta, you do not have to worry about slow-speed handling! The Mach Racer is easy to take off and land, taxi's nice if you use the included landing gear, and is amazingly gentle at slow speeds for such a fast plane. Go on, grin ear-to-ear, it's ok. Speed is fun and the Mach Racer delivers.

I guess my Jett 60LX FIRE would fit
andI won't have to wait for an Animal Zoomer
Old 03-15-2006, 03:17 AM
cwstufft
My Feedback: (17)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Misha,
I flew my Mach Racer's maiden this weekend. No gear, hand launch, put skid on the bottom. I put an evolution 46 on it with a maxx tuned pipe and a 10x6 prop. I wanted thrust over speed for it's first flight, but boy was it fast!! I can't wait to change to a 9x8 prop. For landing, just line up on final and kill the throttle. Glide with the nose down to keep the speed up and flare about a foot off the deck. Lands easy. The build was simple. I could have built it in four hours, but i took my time over two weeks. Make sure you seal the leading edges of the wings, mine started to peel up due to the speed, I landed QUICK because I thought the sound was flutter. The thing balanced perfectly when built to the instructions. Recommended throws resulted on blinding fast rolls.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:26 AM
cwstufft
My Feedback: (17)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Misha,
I flew my Mach Racer's maiden this weekend. No gear, hand launch, put skid on the bottom. I put an evolution 46 on it with a maxx tuned pipe and a 10x6 prop. I wanted thrust over speed for it's first flight, but boy was it fast!! I can't wait to change to a 9x8 prop. For landing, just line up on final and kill the throttle. Glide with the nose down to keep the speed up and flare about a foot off the deck. Lands easy. The build was simple. I could have built it in four hours, but i took my time over two weeks. Make sure you seal the leading edges of the wings, mine started to peel up due to the speed, I landed QUICK because I thought the sound was flutter. The thing balanced perfectly when built to the instructions. Recommended throws resulted on blinding fast rolls.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:41 PM
jbel

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

getting redy to put a k&b 7.5 duted fan motor on mine