Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Shrike 40 Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 03:06 PM
vanguard
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shrike 40 Build

I am building a 40 sized Shrike and need some help as to adding the re-inforcement tape to the wing. The instructions say to use 2 1/2" tape on the top and bottom of the wing to fuse joint. The plans show 1 " tape on the wing. Is this tape to be folded up on to the fuse? If anyone can post a pic of theirs I would appreiciate it. Has anyway used carbon fiber instead of tape? Thanks for the help.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:54 PM
Mike Connor
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shrike 40 Build

I used glass cloth on mine and thinned epoxy. I understood it should go up the fuse and on the wing and that is what I did, fold it up the fuse. It painted on real smooth and I could not see it after covering. No pics of the construction but the plane is still in one piece after 100+ flights with a Sport Jett on it.