Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Home for Jett 90L

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 10:59 PM
Jim Oliver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Home for Jett 90L

My buddy has bought a Cermark F 16 w/Jett 90L--he thinks it will be really fast. (What does he know?)
Anyway, I have a NIB Jett 90L that needs a home, I have thought about the World Models Dago Red.

I want something scale-like.

Comments pro or con?

Thanks,

Jim
Old 02-01-2006, 12:25 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Home for Jett 90L

Patriot XL?
Old 02-01-2006, 12:29 AM
Mods-R-Me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AMK SU-27?
Old 02-01-2006, 09:52 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Pattern Student

Anyway, I have a NIB Jett 90L that needs a home,

Comments pro or con?
Thanks,
Jim

Send to:
PO Box 93073
Albuquerque,NM 87199
Old 02-01-2006, 10:13 AM
Cyclic Hardover

Without sound sarcastic, your "buddy" seems to know what he is doing. You put that thing in a WM Dago and your going to have to darn near completely rebuild it to keep it from blowing apart on you. I know this because i over power everything I have. Mainly due to the altitude here.

The WM Dago and P51's fly best on a 60 2 stroke and a 91-100 fourstroke but many put YS 110 in them. The G90, 91FX, some others and the Jett 90 all have one thing in common and that is they are the same size (.90). But the Jett .90 is off the scale compared to the others in power and performance.

If your not into prop jets, consider a Shoestring, Lil Toni, or a 60 size P-51 with about a 65inch wing. To get the best performance from a Jett .90, you should consider a prop jet because of aerodynamics. Otherwise you may as well use a G90 at $120
Old 02-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Jim Oliver

What a great offer!!

Do you still have the OPS Super 60? (I think it was you that I sent the copy of the Flying Models review to.)

I like the looks of the F16, but it seems to big/heavy to be very fast.
The Pat XL is probably where the curves cross. I have seen the Dago Red with OS 91 Four Stroke, YS 91 FZ and YS 110. Don't know the actual speed but they were just OK, visually. About like my Aresti 40 with Rossi 53.

Jim
Old 02-01-2006, 01:42 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Student:

Did the exact same application in ignorance thinking the thing would just have to scoot with all that power. It was ho-hum faster than the typical sport airframe, just to dirty a airframe to scoot. Got to get all athat landilng gear out of the way. Stuck same in a little tony. The tony was a little faster but nothing to write home about. One thing, the tony is a good sports airframe as it is intended to be, above all, lands like a sport airframe. I am told I did not work at the application well and long enough and left a lot of speed there. We are going to get a tony and alley cat together late march and just see about that. Get-um in the air and you can see which is faster. A pylon race brings pilot ability into the mix, but there should be a clear winner in the end. Go the the little tony-alley cat thread, there is a bunch of very good free speed information there and some supprise fast airframes!
Old 02-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Cyclic Hardover

Yeeeup, still in the closet. I am thinking of a quick build for the OPS, so I am considering the Diamond Dust. By the way "thanks" on the review too.

ORIGINAL: Pattern Student

What a great offer!!

Do you still have the OPS Super 60? (I think it was you that I sent the copy of the Flying Models review to.)

I like the looks of the F16, but it seems to big/heavy to be very fast.
The Pat XL is probably where the curves cross. I have seen the Dago Red with OS 91 Four Stroke, YS 91 FZ and YS 110. Don't know the actual speed but they were just OK, visually. About like my Aresti 40 with Rossi 53.

Jim

Old 02-01-2006, 09:52 PM
Jim Oliver

My OPS 60 is the high timed version--the plane for it is still "in Process"!

Jim
Old 02-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Cyclic Hardover

If your look for any small scale'sport scale plane to perform like a Diamond Dust, Shrike or similar, it isn't going to happen.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:35 PM
Jim Oliver

Yeah, I know it. I just want to be faster than this hugh F16 my buddy has.

I know the WM Dago Red has had some bad press, but I really like the way they look in the air! My LHS has one--it's keeps whispering to me every time I get close to it. I Must Be Strong!!
Old 02-02-2006, 10:24 AM
Cyclic Hardover

Get the same plane, that would make very interesting races??? Then it just comes down to skill.