Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

F-20 Tigershark from junorc.com

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

F-20 Tigershark from junorc.com

Old 03-31-2006, 06:17 PM
flyingmachine
My Feedback: (9)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default F-20 Tigershark from junorc.com

Hi all,

Well my birthday is coming around and I am interested in the F-20 from www.junorc.com >I am looking for a trust worthy person to build this plane for me with retracts and have it set up for a DUBB JETT .50. With work family life (kids) it is hard to get at the building board. I have a newborn and wife is a full time student. Looking for a GOOD builder who takes pride and will communicate with me throughout the build. Would LOVE someone in Fl but out of state is ok. Of course I pay shipping. Lets talk

Rich
Old 04-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: F-20 Tigershark from junorc.com

If you have never had one before, consider the Sportsman F20 Arf. Price is okay and would be a good first f-20
Old 04-01-2006, 04:13 PM
flyingmachine
My Feedback: (9)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No actually I have had one before. Had the larger one from direct connection with a jett .90. Ready for another

Old 04-01-2006, 09:29 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CH, in case you missed it, it seems SA has been improperly importing this bird without license or permission to use the DC design that was properly purchased by Juno. Dunno about you but I hate a cheater and would rather do business with someone who plays by the rules to keep bad guys out. I got my SA before I was aware of the issue but I assure you my next one will come from Juno.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:14 PM
Cyclic Hardover

ORIGINAL: vicman

CH, in case you missed it, it seems SA has been improperly importing this bird without license or permission to use the DC design that was properly purchased by Juno. Dunno about you but I hate a cheater and would rather do business with someone who plays by the rules to keep bad guys out. I got my SA before I was aware of the issue but I assure you my next one will come from Juno.
Missed that one completely. Only seen pictures. Is it darn near a clone? The only reason I never got one was lack of retract bays. Not that my usual thing is to build a set, just think a prop jet should have them. Interesting. Along with it, if I had got one, the covering would have been history.

A friend of mine gave me the Phoenix for Christmas. Thats going to be quite a "rebuild". Retract bays and a nose do-over for a .90.
Without this, it's like somebody checking out my Vette only to see a 6 cylinder under the hood.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:36 PM
dk823
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, not a darn near clone..................more like an exact copy. Same wingspan, length, wing area, etc. They even use some of the same illustrations from the old instruction manual...........just made a direct copy. It seems the chinese outfit that used to make the ARF for DC, just kept on making it and found a new distributor in California. Eventually, I'll try to put a stop to it, but I'm busy with other things right now. All I can do at this time is spread the word about the true owner of the F-20 design..........ME.

Old 04-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Cyclic Hardover

Well this is good, Mr Juno RC right in our lap. You ought to use it as your signature so everybody knows who you are (in a positive way).
Old 04-05-2006, 10:47 PM
vicman

I have all but the Juno and Het lekky version of the F-20. While diffrent from CH I liked how the MVVS .45 hauled mine around. If I were to get another Tiger Shark I would get the Juno unit because of $ and honesty. Plus they are so awsome to fly!![>:]

Congrats on 4K
Old 04-06-2006, 08:49 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

ORIGINAL: dk823

No, not a darn near clone..................more like an exact copy. Same wingspan, length, wing area, etc. They even use some of the same illustrations from the old instruction manual...........just made a direct copy. It seems the chinese outfit that used to make the ARF for DC, just kept on making it and found a new distributor in California. Eventually, I'll try to put a stop to it, but I'm busy with other things right now. All I can do at this time is spread the word about the true owner of the F-20 design..........ME.

Of note, Ive more recently been noting to folks inquiring to me about the aircraft that it may well be an unauthorized and unlicensed copy of a US owned design, and that I personally will not recommend it.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Cyclic Hardover

How are those .40 size kangke arfs. The seem like they would do well.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:20 PM
setxws6

ORIGINAL: dk823

Eventually, I'll try to put a stop to it, but I'm busy with other things right now. All I can do at this time is spread the word about the true owner of the F-20 design..........ME.

Tell me when that happens so I can buy a few more to put away for later. Personally I like the idea of having the option of an ARF over building one up from a kit. I love my SA F-20. If you do make them go away then at least offer an ARF from Juno.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:17 PM
vicman

CH, I have had three of them and like everything but the nose gear. Its too fragile imo.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:11 AM
fred685
My Feedback: (67)

Does the Juno RC kit have a plastic cowl or carved from wood?

Thanks.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:36 AM
burgh_guy61
My Feedback: (11)

It is like the DC kit and is carved from balsa

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49352.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	441027  
Old 04-14-2006, 01:03 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Cyclic Hardover

How are those .40 size kangke arfs. The seem like they would do well.

----------------

In the same vein, what about the F-20 by Phoenix Models? TIA
Old 04-14-2006, 02:49 AM
crasharama

Hi Ed,
Have a look through this thresd as it should give you all the answers on the Pheonix F20

Tony.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_34...x%2CF20/tm.htm
Old 04-14-2006, 04:43 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: crasharama

Hi Ed,
Have a look through this thresd as it should give you all the answers on the Pheonix F20

Tony.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_34...x%2CF20/tm.htm

---------------------

I read until my eyes went blurry. Very interesting.

On the model that the elevator horn broke on, is that the recommended method for elevator servo installation? (shudder)

I haven't opened the box on my F-20 as yet, so I do not know what awaits me.

My first bunch of ideas for this ARF, after reading a bit, is to crop a wing panel from each wing and to not install the landing gear. Have a friend hand launch it for you. I used to hand launch a friend's Dirty Birdy .40 with a souped up K&B .40 on a pipe. It almost flew out of my hands.

Not having seen the ARF yet, my idea is to run a plastic shrouded and bushed metal pushrod to the elevator with the servo mounted above the wing inside of the fuselage. You don't really need rudder function on a speed plane, so I'd probably fix the rudder straight back and not bother with a servo (assuming it has a rudder servo). The nose is way too long on this model. I don't mind aesthetics, but when it hurts how a model balances and is just dead weight...

After looking at it, it might be easier to buy foam cores for a Patriot wing and make your own fuselage. Mine might be going up for sale on eBay.

If you want your engine to really scream, with a minimum of fuss, forget using a spinner of any kind and switch to an AMA safety nut. They are guaranteed to balance properly. I've seen even the best balanced spinners rob an engine of 500 rpm. Yeah, it is pretty, but we want to go fast, don't we? Fill in the gap around the nose with balsa and cover it up. Try to stream line it as much as possible. You could also add balasa sheeting in front of those fake airscoops and fair them into the fuselage sides. Wouldn't weigh much, but would probably make a noticable difference in the speed.

Does this model use torque rods to activate the ailerons? If so, they gotta go. Small mini (not micro) servos are enough for the ailerons, even at really high speeds. Installing these in close to the wing root is easy before the wing panels are joined.

A Webra .32 - .35 might actually fly the model faster through the traps than a larger displacement/much heavier engine. The larger displacement engine will provide more vertical, but if you are going fast enough in level flight with the lighter engine, the inertia will give you more than enough vertical. Sounds crazy, but sometimes lighter is faster than more powerful. Ultrathrust makes a nice muffler for the Webras.

Thanks for pointing me toward the thread. Much appreciated.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:15 AM
crasharama

Hi Ed,
Will try to answer your questions.

1. Yep that was the way the factory had the elevator set up. I never liked it, & it proved to be the down fall of my model. Seem us Aussies got the first version of the model. The US version has an elevator servo internally along with the rudder servo in a hatch at the back.

2. The long nose works ok, as with the Jett 50 it balances spot on with no ballast. With a smaller engine, you might need to weight it up a bit.

3. No torque rods in the wings. It uses a servo mounted sideways internally in the wing.

4. I have just bought the Sportsman F20, the Pheonix 1 is 2 inches shorter, & 6 inches wider in the wingspan.

Hope this helps,
Tony.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:17 AM
Cyclic Hardover

I have the Phoenix in a box also. Looks good. Going to give myself a month off of "rebuilding" and start in on it. I think I am going to install Retracts and clip the wings a tad.