Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Thunder Tiger's rpm

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Thunder Tiger's rpm

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 02:46 PM
setxws6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Tiger's rpm

Today I tried out my new TT I had on my funstar, and put it on my F-20 with my Dubb Jett muffler. I was amazed when I got 15,000 rpm sitting on the ground! And it was a little on the rich side. So in the air it's probably unloading another 1,000-1,500 rpm!

My other TT I had on it before was 7-8 years old and more worn out. The highest I saw on it was about 14,000 rpm. But I had a few too many lean runs on it.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Default RE: Thunder Tiger's rpm

Nice! The Jett mufflers are an awesome performance booster on almost any engine-- What prop. you running? 15K sounds good I am gonna guess 10x6?

take care!
Old 05-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Joe Ortiz
My Feedback: (75)

Are you talking about a TT-46? I got one for my Juno F-20.

Joe
Old 05-12-2006, 07:54 PM
setxws6

Yea, sorry, it's my TT .46 pro. I was impressed to see that, as well as everyone else. Thunder Tiger advertises a maximum rpm of 17,000, which I'm guessing is around the limit of tolerance the engine can take. I'd venture to say that in a full throttle dive, I'm close to this limit!

I did notice the plane was flying faster today, and that the throttle response was good all around. The old .46 would take a while to unload in the air when changing different rpm's.

Oh and I use a 10x6 apc with 15% nitro with straight synthetic. Here's a pic of the plane back around a 100 flights ago when it was new. Since then, it's been through hell and back, but a lot of fun along the way.