Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

DD with Rossi 40

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 06:21 PM
Bmailloux
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DD with Rossi 40

Hi guys, I recently built a dd from plans and test flew with my current setup.

I have a rossi 40 with stock muffler (loud!!). Hs 81 on throttle, hs 645 on the back. The all up weight is just over 3lbs. I had 2 test flights on the plane and was impressed. Other than the cg being a bit foward. The plane flys good.

I test flew with an apc 8x8 prop. I didn't tach it.

The speed was not astounding. Can anyone tell me of a better prop/ setup for this dd.

I bought the three motors used. With spare parts. It also came with black mini pipe as well. I also purchased a macs header and pipe.
I just don't have much experience with these motors.
I also resently upgraded one engine with new bearing and piston and liner( shedel) that came with the motors. It is still breaking in.

I was running the best motor out of the 3.

Old 05-20-2006, 10:12 PM
huey-pilot
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DD with Rossi 40

Check your rpm's, you won't get much speed until you get the rpm's well above 17,000, one of my DD's has a Nova Rossi .21 and turns 28,400 with a cut down APC 7x8 and the other has a Jett Fire 60LX and turns a stock APC 8.8x9 at about 19,600 Both planes are a blast to fly and are faster than anything at my field but if you really want speed you probably need to talk to some of the people that are in the race circuit. If the rpm's are a little low try reducing the diameter of the propeller and rebalancing before the next flight. Be careful and don't get the rpm too high because I threw a propeller blade with my Nova Rossi when I trimed a propeller and had the in flight rpm of about 30,000+. This does strange things to the throttle servo and engine mount, engine survived with no problems and the plane flew again on the same day..