Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

46FX or other?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2002, 06:43 PM
scole
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 46FX or other?

I was going to plan on using a 46FX on my Q500, but I have been thinking i want a "better" engine for it. How the power compare to the Jett series? How bout the MVVS pylon engines?
Old 12-21-2002, 01:36 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 46FX or other?

Well I guess it depends on how fast your looking at. 100,120,140,160mph? The 46fx on a 4ish lb Q500 will get you at least 120 with the right prop. You could go the Kmart route. Buy the TT46pro which to me perform equal. Alot cheaper than a 46fx. Fly it for a while and get use to the plane. Then step up to the pump on a really hot engine? (Jett.50) Just a thought
Old 12-21-2002, 07:06 PM
scole
My Feedback: (5)

Default 46FX or other?

yes, i have a 46FX spare that was going to go on it. I think ill go w/ that to start for a while. And then get a hotter engine.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:27 AM
FlooredCOBRA

Default 46FX or other?

I have both engines, One a 46 FX and a .40 GRRT FAI PYLON.

There is a huge difference between the engines. I used one on my Diamond Dust when I first got it to get used to the plane. Then installed the GRRT. The speed difference is HUGE! To be exact scary the very first time.... But a bunch of fun.

the Jett engines, MVVS pylons, and Rossi or any other hot engines are pushing over 2 to almost 3 horse power and swinging about 10,000 more rpms roughly. So you can imagine the difference in speed and power.