Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

anyone know the Robbe Rasant ?

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

anyone know the Robbe Rasant ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 06:32 AM
vulpina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone know the Robbe Rasant ?

Hey all , i just found a cool speed plane i could use with my mvvs quickie 40:
[link]http://www.rchobby.co.uk/robbe_rasant_speed_arf.html[/link]

Anyone got experience with this one ?

It is a 40 plane and it comes ARF !
Old 10-16-2004, 07:51 AM
der_steuermann
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: anyone know the Robbe Rasant ?

The ROBBE Rasant has been released sometimes 20 years ago in kit form - it is kind of classic speed construction widely used in Europe. After disappearing for a long time Robbe again reactivated that speed plane - this time as an ARF. It’s a perfect speed trainer.

Here's a picture of the Rasant powered by the Nelson 40 Q-40 engine. It is hardly controllable with that much power - or in other words, the airframe seems to be aerodynamically overstrained (aileron flutter above 180 mph). Mounting heavy duty hinges and sealing the hinge gaps of all control surfaces should solve these problems...

However, using the MVVS Quickie engine on the Rasant would be a good solution – and one of the cheapest too. With the APC 7.2*8.6 racing prop and the tuned silencer # 3246 you can expect about 150 mph right out of the box.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56017.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	183256  
Old 10-16-2004, 10:27 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

That's a nice looking plane! The short nose / long tail leads me to believe that the designer has a heavy engine in mind, but there isn't much wing area. This looks like the type of plane that you land where ever it's short glide path wants to take you. 970 mm span is probably about 3 ft, which is what I use for .15 sport designs! I would like to see someone build it and give us a flight report.
Old 10-16-2004, 01:21 PM
vulpina

i just got home with the kit , its 160€
I will put my mvvs quickie on it , i would like to use it as rear exhaust but it need alot of mods :/

The overall plane is built pretty light and the wing is one piece and look solid , there is a f/g cowl also

Btw do you have any ideas how to mount the quickie with RE iam using the 3246 ntuned silencer ?
Old 10-16-2004, 09:25 PM
Nik
My Feedback: (12)

I just came back from a germany and read a review in a german magazine.
The author said it's very quick, agile, and alot of fun. Only negative thing he said was that the arf was abit heavier than the kit's they used to produce some years ago..
Old 10-17-2004, 01:37 PM
vulpina

Yea its a nice plane overall , but i got some trouble deciding how i will fit my mvvs quickie engine , i want to use it as rear exhaust but i dunno how .

I cant put the silencer over the wing because i need to take the wing out often., i cant put the exhaust under the plane because there is no wheels

Even to use side exhaust i have to tilt the engin a bot to get a good clearance between pipe and wing .

Dam this is giving me headache

Any tips ?
PS: Do you thing HS80mg is enough of a servo for ailerons and elevator or should i use something stronger ?
Old 10-19-2004, 04:31 AM
der_steuermann
My Feedback: (2)

I'd mount the rear exhaust engine upright. The (custom) exhaust clamp should be placed within the first half of the tuned muffler. That allows the wing to be removed freely.

The servos of elevator and ailerons should provide at least 40 N of torque. Ball bearings are recommended, metal gear is not required.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61837.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	184161  
Old 10-19-2004, 07:08 PM
vulpina

I went side exhaust , its was easier to mount .
Btw i dont have the same muffler as in your picture , mine came with the long header its #3246 "quickie" side exhaust , hope it works ok .
Old 04-06-2007, 05:59 AM
KrisG

There is one of these, original kit, not ARF on Eb*y Germany right now. I suppose it is going to be quite expensive eventually, as this plane is still very popular in Germany. This one is the straight wing version, btw, not the Rasant Speed.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Robbe-Rasant-Flug...QQcmdZViewItem

Kris