Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

New to speed help

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 08:18 PM
suicidemachine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to speed help

New to the speed thing. What are some of the better planes and motors used for xtreme speed?LINKS plz?
Old 07-07-2006, 10:03 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New to speed help

Patriot kit and a Jett anything! If you want to save money and time Juno RC F-20 and a Jett anything Still want to save more $ Juno RC and a Thunder Tiger .46 Pro with a Jett muffler. Get a little slower as you go down but all of them are a screamin hoot.[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 07-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Orrrrrrrrrr. Get that cheap Sportsman F-20 Arf and throw a 46pro up front. Not exactly a speed queen setup. Your kind of going the Kmart route here but it wil give you an idea if this is the road you want to travel without breaking your wallet. If you like this stuf, Then get the Cermark F-16 and a Jett .90. Plane and engine alone will set you back around $700.

Some people don't like it. Speed planes are not as forgiving as all those fun fly and Extras and Edges. YOu have to stay on top of them the whole flight right down to a landing.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:11 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am trying to get the F-20 crowd over to a guy who is trying to do it right with Juno. If you got the F-20 bug bad a Cermark/Kangke is an excellent model too.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Cyclic Hardover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I forgot about that. Isn't the Sportsman the unlicensed copy of the DC that Juno owns with my plane (Approved) on the cover?
Old 07-08-2006, 12:40 AM
combatpigg

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I don't like a speed plane that needs landing gear to be flyable, it puts you at a disadvantage in many ways. I would rather go with a Diamond Dust or a Q-500 type plane. If you are doing rulebook racing, then go with the plane with landing gear, otherwise for just plain sport type speed, it's hard to argue with a 2.5 pound DD with a piped .32, for bang for the buck.