Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

What is the best Jett muff.or Header with pipe

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

What is the best Jett muff.or Header with pipe

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Logan X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the best Jett muff.or Header with pipe

What is the best for an OS .91? put him a Jett muffler or Header with pipe
Old 07-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Default RE: What is the best Jett muff.or Header with pipe

Paging Bob27... Bob27 please report to the SPEED forum.

The Jett stream muffler is bolt and go, no hassles- I enjoy fiddling with pipes but the gain would be small if any.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:13 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

ORIGINAL: Razor-RCU

Paging Bob27... Bob27 please report to the SPEED forum.

The Jett stream muffler is bolt and go, no hassles- I enjoy fiddling with pipes but the gain would be small if any.
man..... I was here at work sleeping..... ya woke me up

Kinda depends on what plane you are dealing with, and if the big pipe "looks good" on the plane or not.

The Macs quiet pipe system works real well, and the quiet pipe will keep the noise down well. As noted, you will have to do some bench work to tune it, or ask around here a bit for some info (I think IflyVic had an OS/Pipe setup on his SU-27 that he carefully tuned)

The Just Engines purple pipe is outstanding as well - might be just as easy for your to purchase (I see you are in Aruba). They are over in the UK. Again, a quiet system, and they have a good selection of headers to suit the application.

As Razor noted, the jett-stream muffler is simply plug-n-play. Prop the engine so it turns something over 12,500 rpm (over 13,000 preferably), and you are good to go.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used numerous tuned pipes, as well as both the Jett and Ultra Thrust mufflers.

Pipes:
Good: Can tune for different rpms to some extent, can get different size headers, Standard, long, extra long for hard installations.
Bad: Need to tune, need a pipe mount, can blow a coupler.

Jett Muffler:
Good: Bolt on and go, very easy, gains nearly as much rpm as a pipe on the correct prop.
Bad: Must run a prop that gets you into the sweet spot for rpm-13,000, muffler doesn't clear the fuselage on some planes. On a stock muffler, the big part of the muffler is located above the exhaust. The Jett & Ultra Thrust have the muffler centered on the exhaust. If your fuselage is wide, you might have clearance problems.

All that being said, it's awful easy to bolt on a Jett, as I did on my twin engine delta, and gain a bunch of rpm. I was running fairly small props anyway so I just tightened the muffler bolts up, cranked, tuned and launched.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46323.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	491012   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57915.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	491013