Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Shrike .10

Old 07-13-2006, 11:27 AM
nexxa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shrike .10

I'm building a little Shrike .10

I made some reinforcement modifications to the plane to accept my little OS.32SX with tune pipe.
The pipe is brand new, I will tune it this weekend. Somebody knows what RPM I can expect with an APC 8X7, 15% nitro and the tune pipe?

Old 07-13-2006, 08:41 PM
MyWay

Default RE: Shrike .10

Nexxa, Around 19000 with 8/7 apc.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:09 PM
jlingrel

Is this your first Shrike? If so, make sure you read thru the Shrike Club thread. The kit as supplied has a weak spar that needs to be replaced with carbon fibre or arrow shaft. If you already are aware of this, let me know how it flies. I am about to start on a Shrike 10 with an OS 25FX and retractable gear. Should be fun

John
Old 07-14-2006, 06:45 AM
nexxa

Thanks.
Wow, 19000 I cant wait to heard that sound! This weekend, I will make an engine bench and start the tuning.

Yes, its my first Shrike, but not my first Speedy plane. I built and fly over year 2 Wonder with OS.25, OS.32 and OS46 Fx. An Arrow on OS.61 and many other planes. I just like to over power thing!
I made some modif to the plane, like moving the firewall back by 1 inch, put two carbon rod in the wing, reinforce the fusalage side and bottom for hard belly landing, seal all control surface...

Next week will be the maiden. I will start with an APC 9X6 for maiden flight and move to 8X7 on tune pipe for the next one.

I will post some pic soon.