Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Its Bobcat nice

Old 02-13-2008, 02:01 PM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Its Bobcat nice

A better picture of the canard concept. The canard probably should have been bigger and higher on the fuselage. It would also look better tapered like the ailerons. A builder would have done a better job.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33437.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	877722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94324.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	877723   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk17774.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	877724  
Old 03-04-2008, 04:40 PM
rcdrum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In case you guys are interested in getting another one of these, NeoPlanes is selling em' for $89
http://www.neoplanes.com/radio-contr...airplanes-arf/

RC
Old 10-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

.....any new Bobcats out there ?

FBD.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:26 AM
freakingfast
My Feedback: (3)

My new Bobcat clone went splat.........Me sad..[sm=cry_smile.gif]
Old 10-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

....bummer. []

....there sure are alot of Bobcat types on the market now. I still have mine, but
I've only been out 6 times this year. [X(]

FBD.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:42 AM
bettungesvik

If you are interested in a Bobcat ARF cheap I will sell you mine.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:04 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Has anyone got any take on the Neoplanes NeoCAT? Is it the same thing as the NitroModels BobCat 52? Or, is it a clone???

I saw one at the field today and it got my interest....

Bob
Old 02-22-2009, 03:04 AM
rcdrum

Same plane, same manufactor, different color schemes.

RC
Old 02-22-2009, 05:55 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: rcdrum

RC
No it's not.

The Neocat has a slightly better setup for the retracts.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:27 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was thinking about getting a NeoCAT (they're out of stock at Nitro Planes) because the price was so attractive, in fact I even had one in the shopping basket. Then I looked at the S&H, and that was going to be another $45. That didn't set too well with me, so I deleted it...

Bob
Old 02-22-2009, 07:48 PM
rcdrum

ORIGINAL: opjose

ORIGINAL: rcdrum

RC
No it's not.

The Neocat has a slightly better setup for the retracts.

Well, I guess you know better than me. I've only been to the factory where they are built.

RC
Old 02-22-2009, 09:12 PM
still4given

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just because they are made in the same factory doesn't mean they are the same.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:07 PM
rcdrum

ORIGINAL: still4given

Just because they are made in the same factory doesn't mean they are the same.

They are, as of the time the Neocats were being produced. Since then changes might have benn made to the nitroplanes versions. The factory didn't have the facillties to make different versions of the same models, only color variations were possible.

RC
Old 07-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Sessholvlaru

I ordered a Neocat on Monday, it should be here Thursday. $99 shipped. Got the Hornet scheme, and looks damned cool in the pics. A club member showed up with the Patriot schemed one last weekend with electric power. I maidened it, and it flew so good I got one. I am electrifying mine as well with a Scorpion 4025-10 on 6S, ~ 2000 watts. Can't wait to get it! The only thing I am unsure about is the retracts. I posted in the electric jet forum as to whether the added weight of retracts is worth it as opposed to fixed gear with "pizza cutter" quickie wheels...but got no helpful input. Guess I will fly it as is first and see. I will post the build.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Sessholvlaru

Well maidened he Neocat today, and it went very well. Weather wasn't too great, 10 to 20 mph winds though. Power is good with my Scorpion 4025-10, but I think I will end up going to 8 cells from 6 to make full use of the motor. As it is, the system puts out about 1,500 watts (motor is rated at 2,000) with an APC 12x12 prop. 51 amps. I wish APC made a 12x14 though. Tried a 13x10 as well, but ground clearance is at a minimum with this prop and the speed wasn't as great. Anyway, here is a pic. Hope to get more flights in tomorrow with the better weather!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96024.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	1234077  
Old 07-11-2009, 08:46 PM
dioncuda

very nice like to see some video of it.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Sessholvlaru

I'd like to, if someone with a video camera shows up tomorrow.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:50 PM
orstraycat

I sure hope the Neocat flies as well as my Bobcat, I just ordered the Patriot color schemed Neocat. I have a YS pumped .65 on my Bobcat, thinking about a OS .55 for the Neocat. I do have a YS pumped .45 but not might be enough ponies.............
Old 07-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Sessholvlaru

As far as I know they are the same exact thing with a different color scheme. They do not come retract ready, however. Otherwise they fly great.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Sessholvlaru

Beware of the HS-125MG thin wing servo. Well I almost lost my electric Neocat/Bobcat last night because of the servo, which I put into the stab like many others here. Fifth flight, servo was bought new. When I plugged in the batts, I noticed the elevator was way out of trim since the day before. I figured it was something I did somehow, so I re-trimmed it and took off. All was well for the first couple minutes. Then, all of a sudden, she wanted to dive. I used all of my up trim and had to hold back on the stick, and was able to get her back safely and without issue.

When I got on the ground, I was started checking things and playing with the elevator trim when it suddenly went to full up. Servo still worked fine, but basically kept finding new centers every few minutes and twitching. I'm lucky that it did not go to full up or full down while in the air.

Naturally I assumed that the problem was something other than the servo, as 99% of my planes have Hitec servos, and I have never had a problem with them. I checked everything including linkages, connections, etc. Plugged the servo into a different channel, and it was still doing weird things. I then remembered that the plane needed elevator trim a few times before, but it was no where near as severe. It was windy when I flew it last time, so I thought that may have been the culprit. I now know the servo was acting wacky since the second I first gave it power.

I then did some research on assorted forums, and found that quite a few other modelers have had the same problems with this servo and it's digital counterpart (HS-5152), and have even lost planes because of it.

So I would be very weary of this servo. I will switch this one out with something else. Anyone know of a good JR/Futaba servo with the same dimensions? Thanks. -Chris
Old 07-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Sessholvlaru

Well got the servo problem fixed, and have put several flights on the Neocat since. I must say that I highly recommend my setup for those wanting it electric. It seems to be flying faster than before, not really sure why. Magnets breaking in? Doubt it, but who knows. The Scorpion motor is 100, 60 bucks for the ESC and 80 for the batts. So for 240 bucks you can't beat it, and the performance is stellar. Around 80 to 100 mph in level flight with no slime to clean up. Wish I could get some video up!
Old 10-20-2009, 10:15 AM
RC Flier
My Feedback: (9)

I just recieved my 3 Bobcats yesterday.....one of each color. Assembling the Grey one now.........Great F/G fuselage, painted very well. The kit is retract ready, but you purchase and install them. Come with fixed gear components also. Covered components are very well done. I plan to sell the other two. Larry
Old 10-21-2009, 12:04 PM
RC Flier

Bob27.....those 'holes' are actually the location for the front hold down screws of the fins......I am working on the first of the three bobcats I just recieved this week......one in each color. The Retract-Ready kits have the fixed gear in the retract-gear position. Not the same as the picture you mention. I have not yet decided how to mount wings either, but a screw inside the fuse to each wing I think will work.
By the way, will a ST 51 ABC fly this airframe?
Old 10-21-2009, 12:11 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: Sessholvlaru

Naturally I assumed that the problem was something other than the servo, as 99% of my planes have Hitec servos, and I have never had a problem with them. I checked everything including linkages, connections, etc. Plugged the servo into a different channel, and it was still doing weird things. I then remembered that the plane needed elevator trim a few times before, but it was no where near as severe. It was windy when I flew it last time, so I thought that may have been the culprit. I now know the servo was acting wacky since the second I first gave it power.

I've purchased hundreds of servos, among which were many Hitecs.

To date I've had the highest out of box failure rate, not due to overstressing, breaking gears, etc.with Hitecs.

I've had two Hitecs that reacted exactly the same way, I sent them back for replacments which worked, but be forwarned.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:15 PM
RC Flier

The new kits are called retract-ready. And the are nice in fit and finish. My first one will be fixed gear. I'm using std servos in the tail......so 4 instead of 8. Not sure which engine I will buy to fly it though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.