Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Its Bobcat nice

ORIGINAL: opjose

ORIGINAL: Sessholvlaru

Naturally I assumed that the problem was something other than the servo, as 99% of my planes have Hitec servos, and I have never had a problem with them. I checked everything including linkages, connections, etc. Plugged the servo into a different channel, and it was still doing weird things. I then remembered that the plane needed elevator trim a few times before, but it was no where near as severe. It was windy when I flew it last time, so I thought that may have been the culprit. I now know the servo was acting wacky since the second I first gave it power.

I've purchased hundreds of servos, among which were many Hitecs.

To date I've had the highest out of box failure rate, not due to overstressing, breaking gears, etc.with Hitecs.

I've had two Hitecs that reacted exactly the same way, I sent them back for replacments which worked, but be forwarned.
    I had a JR Sport 125 kill a mustang with a Jett 90 in it.

Horizon has a silent recall ot on them = send them in with a complaint (jitters ect) and you get new ST-126.

I sent in four of them.

bob

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My NitroPlanes Bobcat 50 is ready to fly. OMGosh what a "builder's ARF" this thing was. Terrible manual, so so covering and unusable hardware. Fitting the fixed gear setup into the retract ready airframe was a pain. But, It's $100 plus shipping. When finished it's cheap and looks amazing! Mine is the gray/orange version.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, my Nitro Plane Bobcat 50 is flying now. 7 1/2 pounds without fuel on fixed landing gear. Power is Aviastar 46. It's enough but I'd follow most other people's lead and go to at least a 60 size engine if I were to build another one.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I hope to do the maiden soon, i have glued the wings on, beefed up the retract mounts with sheer webs through to the top skin and lots of extra glue.
    i have gone the light route with a magnum/asp 52 and weston pusher pipe. i only have an 11x6p but want to try a 10x7p as well.
    Cheers Greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ge94240.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	1349024   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ql32985.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	1349025  

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122