Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Arrest warrant For new Outlaw in the air!

Old 10-12-2006, 08:08 AM
Rocketman612

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Arrest warrant For new Outlaw in the air!

Quote:
ORIGINAL: carwood444

Here's a picture of my Outlaw. Man what a machine. Got a OS SX 32 on it with a Mac Pipe. 8x8 APC.
For those who want an OS 32 in line with the wing like the Webra installation you cut off the remote needle valve and put the OS 32 Heli carb on. That gets the needle valve and control horn on the right side. One of the "Cool" features of the Outlaw is the side mounted engine IMHO

Pete
Old 10-12-2006, 08:45 AM
Julian537

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Carwood,

Thank you for the information. I have already contacted Jerry and RCcubed. Jerry is out of the loop on the outlaw. He gave the rights to Chris Henson at Extreme flight RC, so Chris can ARF it. RC cubed no longer has short kits or plans.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:16 PM
Strykaas

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I doubt they will ever arf it, as these plans are on the agenda for more than a year now. Extreme flight RC is busy with other models I guess, and might never find time to get this puppy ready.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:06 PM
evan-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I know these are old pictures, but there are a few new people that might never have seen them. Other than building many regular Outlaws I have modified them. The twin is blown up and runs two modified MVVS .40 pylon motors. It's fast, pretty close to the 200 mark that so many poeple say they passed. To compare my Magnum IS only a 145mph airplane. The second is a regular size outlaw fliped so all openings are on the top, you all do know the ailerons pushrods are designed to come out the bottom don't you? Half of the verticle stab is below the airplane so when on the water the rudder is in the water to act as a water rudder. It rolls so fast it has thrown the floats off!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36854.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	540074   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36801.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	540075  
Old 10-13-2006, 03:25 PM
carwood444

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have to admit float's on an Outlaw is pretty cool. That's the last place I would ever expect to see floats. What did you do about the CG problem with the extra motor on the front of the Outlaw in the picture. Mine built nose heavy to start out with. I thought about putting a Jett 40 on mine but the CG would be a problem with that much weight.

The OS 32sx I used was ok, but a had to make a very big effort to get everything as far back a possible. I would like to build another outlaw with that Jett 40 but I don't want to add alot of extra weight behind the CG.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:46 PM
ChuckL

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I moved my center ribs out .25" on each side and put in a six ounce jett tank.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:35 PM
evan-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: carwood444

I have to admit float's on an Outlaw is pretty cool. That's the last place I would ever expect to see floats. What did you do about the CG problem with the extra motor on the front of the Outlaw in the picture. Mine built nose heavy to start out with. I thought about putting a Jett 40 on mine but the CG would be a problem with that much weight.

The OS 32sx I used was ok, but a had to make a very big effort to get everything as far back a possible. I would like to build another outlaw with that Jett 40 but I don't want to add alot of extra weight behind the CG.
Well the twin is blown up so the balance was porportionally correct.... If you put a Jett .40 on one you'd have to move the firewall back 3/4 of an inch and it should balance pretty close,...

I put Sullivan RST 6oz tanks in all my stock outlaws with no issues...

Search this Thread