Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Outlaw Questions...Please HELP

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Outlaw Questions...Please HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 08:58 AM
Mike2735
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlaw Questions...Please HELP

I was at a Fly In yesterday and I was an Outlaw for the first time. That is a awesome airplane. I am very interested in building one but nothing seems to be available. I have emailed Jerry Smith and Extreme Flight. Can anyone sell me set of plans? Or can I get any info on the dimensions, or anything? Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Mike2735

Default RE: Outlaw Questions...Please HELP

For everyones info.

I received an email from Extreme Flight about the Outlaw. The have aquired the rights to the design. They will be producing an ARF that may be available before the end of the year.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:04 PM
RC Larry-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey Mike
I'm one of the OutLaw flyers you saw Saturday in Havelock. It really is an awesome flying machine. I e-mailed Extreme flight myself earlier in the year, and got the same answer, Unfortunately, they have several other projects ahead of it, and I wouldnt count on it hitting the shelf this year. I'm finishing up my 4th OutLaw for a buddy now. Nobody, and I mean NObody will welcome an ARF version more than myself!!!!! There is a LOT of building to do for such a small model, but it's worth every minute of it the first time you do "The Wad", ( full speed pass into a snap) or the "Kentucky Powdriver" (strait down into snap) Mine was the yellow, blue,red version. I also built the red, white blue one that went into the brush field. His battery croaked! Luckily, no damage. As for plans, I might be able to hook you up later. Do you plan on going to the Goldsboro fly in this weekend? I'll try to run a set of plans off, as well as the instruction manual. Also, I'll bring a fully built up OutLaw ready to cover, so you can see all the little details the plans dont cover. No, it aint for sale! lol One of my buddies here in Raleigh has spent the last few months begging me to build him one, and it's headed to his hanger.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:06 AM
Mike2735

Thanks Larry.

I actually received a reply to my email from Jerry Smith yesterday and he has some plans for sale. I sent out the money order this am.

So I will have a set of plans. I do plan to go to the Fly In. Glen always puts on a good show.

Thanks again
Old 07-23-2006, 09:30 AM
Flyin Woodbutcher

Hey Mike what is Jerry Smiths E-mail adress. I was at Goldsboro yesterday and saw one fly. Got to have one now.

Thanks Kent
Old 07-23-2006, 10:40 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Hey Guys
Robert and I stopped by the local hobby shop yesterday after leaving the fly in. It's only a few miles from the field. Guess what they have in the "for sale" area?????? Yup,,,an Out Law! It has a Webra speed 36 in it. Only problem is, it doesnt have a funtional rudder. That could be easily changed. They are selliong it ready to fly, $295.00 Needs some work to get it up to what it could/should be. Had one of the MACS pipes on it. Really needs the moose can and header instead. Also, the servo's were exiting from the bottom. Should be on top to avoid stripping out sewrvo gears on landings. It would be worth buying to strip down and make the simple fixes, then recover. I think the name of the shop was "Glenns Hobbis" ? It was a mile of hwy 581.

Kent. Glad you enjoyed the flight yesterday. I get a big kick outta doing the "Wad" right down on the deck. Wish Robert had charged his batteries in his! It's cool to see more than one in the air at once We had 3 up at once in Havelock. Should have SEVERAL up at once at our "Fly for Tots" in September. But best of all,, and with a little luck, Jerry L Smith himself will be there doing a demo with his. He makes Robert and I look like begginers!!!!!!! You must be one of the guys from the Richmond area with the Matt Chapman Cap? I was the fat red headed dude in the wicker hat! lol Sure hope you guys can make it down in Sept. We'd love to have you and your buds burn some gas with us. Hope yall get the engine heating issues worked out. You guys did a great job in the air yesterday.

Mike, hope you got enough pics yesterday. And again, if you need any info etc, when you get into the project, dont hesitate to call, or e-mail me. [email protected] You can get my ph# off our club website @www.RD-RC.ORG I'll shoot you a Flyer for our event as soon as we get it done.

Larry Lewis
Old 07-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Flyin Woodbutcher

Larry my Cap is growling at you, I can hear it in the trailer[:@]. I was flying the Carden Cap that ran perfectly. I plan on coming down in sept.

Kent
Old 07-25-2006, 06:14 PM
RC Larry-RCU

GREAT!!!
Actually,,,, I knew it was you all along,,,,,,I uhhhh,,,,uhhh,,,Oh,I was just saying that to piss you off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so you would,,,,,,,Uhhh,,,,Come to defend your planes honor!!! Yeah,,,,,,,Thats the ticket! Defend your honor! lololol
Old 08-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

This place use to sell laser cut chort kits... (I have one that came with plans too) for like $25...

http://www.azarr.com/index.htm

Don't see them on his site anymore.. but he may have them.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:37 PM
FlyingGreg
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys--I've seen Jerry fly the Outlaw fly at a DOGS big warbird event held at the Air Force Museum in Dayton, OH. That thing really rocks! There is a similar delta wing design that I built called a Wild Wiz by Haslam Hobbies. http://www.wildwiz.com/has1.htm. (Sorry, I don't know how to make it a hyper link--cut and paste in your browser.) The Wiz is an easy build and will do the "Wad" like you wouldn't beleive. I never realized it had a name. I fly mine with a Norvell .25 and mouse can. I get 100mph+ with a 9 x 4 MAS--same props we use on combat planes. I'm sure it would go faster with a different prop but beleive me it gets small very quiclky. Looks like a drill when rolling on high rates--at least 10 rolls/second. You can hear it roll its so fast.

No, it's not an Outlaw, but it's easy to build and readily available. Lots of photos on the site. Even me with a purple colored one. I have since recovered in yellow and white. One little hole in the covering and it de-covered itself. A blast to fly.

Greg