Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

patriot XL

Old 09-05-2006, 04:44 PM
dragonfly24_24

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default patriot XL

i am thinking of getting the patriot Xl from tower hobbies. i want a plane that will exceed 200mph i have a source that will sell me two webra speeds for $219 each. any suggestions on a fast plane other than the patriot and i dont like delta wings.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:15 PM
alpapilot
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: patriot XL

More to the point, where can you get Webras for $219? No holding out!
Old 09-06-2006, 07:58 AM
dragonfly24_24

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

chief aircraft but he told me he would give me a discount if i bought more than one. he bought out horizzon hobbies supply when they were discontinued.they are normaly $249 or $259 i cant remember.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:39 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dragonfly24_24

i am thinking of getting the patriot Xl from tower hobbies. i want a plane that will exceed 200mph i have a source that will sell me two webra speeds for $219 each. any suggestions on a fast plane other than the patriot and i dont like delta wings.
Just for reference....... there is pretty much no way the Patriot XL will exceed or even approach 200 mph. Just not going to happen. Lots of frontal area, relatively thick wing.

More to the point, there are very few prop-driven kits out there of any design that will hit 200 mph. Some of the custom speed planes over in Europe can do it, with the right engine and a custom prop. A few of the better prepared giant scale racing planes reach the 200 mph mark. The FAI F3D pylon planes can get there - again, with the right engine, prop, pipe. On occation the Whiplash has demonstrated speed over 200 mph. And a few other custom-built/purpose-built aircraft can do it.