Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Patriot questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 07:00 AM
funflyerf4
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patriot questions

Can some one tell me the control movments and cg for the 46 size Patriot.I just received a used plane.Already beefed up landing blocks, and fire wall.I added spring airs and wing tanks to it.I plan on covering it in the Edwards test colors.The engine of choice,what else Jett 61.The plane has the fire wall all ready moved back for a larger motor.I believe it had a Y S 61 in it before. Iam tempted to put one of my Jett 91`lxs in it what do you think?

Thanks Frank.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:32 PM
burgh_guy61
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Patriot questions

CG for the 40 size patriot is 8 1/2" (inches) back from the leading edge at the root. throws are listed as follows
Elevator 1/4" - 5/16" (aft cg) 5/16" - 3/8" (middle cg) 3/8" (front cg) (this is how the manual lists them)
Rudder 5/8"
Ailerons 3/16" low rate 1/4" high rate

these are listed as starting points for the patriot and you can adjust them for your flying style.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Frank- Sounds cool... The Jett-50 or Jett-60LX are timed for RRR's and speed- I believe the LX was timed a bit slower...

Keep us posted!
Old 09-13-2006, 08:19 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

ORIGINAL: funflyerf4

Can some one tell me the control movments and cg for the 46 size Patriot.I just received a used plane.Already beefed up landing blocks, and fire wall.I added spring airs and wing tanks to it.I plan on covering it in the Edwards test colors.The engine of choice,what else Jett 61.The plane has the fire wall all ready moved back for a larger motor.I believe it had a Y S 61 in it before. Iam tempted to put one of my Jett 91`lxs in it what do you think?

Thanks Frank.
Hey frank, if it had a YS61 in it, the 90LX should pretty much drop in......

Lord that would haul buns !! 10x10 prop

Let me know how you make out...

Bob