Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

What happened to weston usa??

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

What happened to weston usa??

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 05:52 PM
pilott34

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What happened to weston usa??

Been looking to buy a Weston Magnum, but the website isnt working. Anyone know whats going on?? Anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-05-2006, 02:01 PM
cobratraxxas69
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What happened to weston usa??

Yeah I see that too....

http://www.westonusa.com/

I hope that they are not gone
Old 07-05-2006, 03:33 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The usual advice is to telephone Weston UK and find out what is going on. E-mails take ages to get answered, phoning is better. You can order right from them too.

MJD
Old 07-05-2006, 05:10 PM
pilott34

I tried Weston UK and they dont know what happpened to them. They said they would send me a Magnum for around $500. Think its a little steep.

Mike
Old 07-06-2006, 12:27 AM
cobratraxxas69
My Feedback: (31)

ORIGINAL: pilott34

I tried Weston UK and they dont know what happpened to them. They said they would send me a Magnum for around $500. Think its a little steep.

Mike

Does that $500 include the West .50 V1 engine??
Old 07-06-2006, 07:09 AM
pilott34

Yes,

I thought I remember seeing them delivered from WestonUSA for around $400. You can get the Jett 50 for $265, the Magnum plane itself would then cost $235 (to total the $500)?? Just seems a little steep for what Ive seen it at. I may still be interested at $500 but I just think I remember seeing it substantially less.

Mike
Old 07-06-2006, 08:08 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

If I recall, their special deal was if you bought the $300 weston 50 engine and pipe, you could buy the Magnum R1 airframe for $99 as a combo.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:38 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While I have had some good fun with my Magnum R lately, I am very disappointed at the robustness, or lack thereof, of the fuselage structure. I had a fairly normal landing the other day in grass maybe 8" high. The model slid for a bit, then seemed to catch on something and yawed to the side and the tail popped up about 45 degrees, then down again so it was resting in a normal belly down position on the grass. I suppose one wing panel caught some denser grass, I found no obstacles or thick vegetation that would explain it. From the appearance of the landing, I expected no problems - the airplane should have been fine, and I bet many other aircraft would have been. When I picked it up, I found a large crack in the left side of the tank compaortment, the plywood joints had separated all the way from there to the rear servo compartment, the wing mounting plate was torn out and broken. I was amazed, this was not a harsh landing. What do I have to do, land it on ice? There was not a mark on the wing or tail surfaces to give a clue. The only other thing I can imagine is that the prop caught something, but it was not damaged. PITA [:@]!

To me the fuselage structure is not tough enough relative to the rest of the aircraft. The CA joints on the plywood seem very brittle - I never use CA on plywood except to tack it in place. And the servo trays etc. are pretty flexible and don't lend much strength. The rear wing bolt plate seems to have little to support it either.

Hmm, I'm griping aren't I? But I don't have a habit of breaking airplanes on landing, and I greased this one in pretty nicely up until the point it broke. Oh well...

MJD

Old 09-14-2006, 09:13 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Anybody got a magnum laying around? I really want one!!

It is SOO sad when there is demand for a product and the manuf. do not return calls or have a way to order--- (In USA I mean)

Sounds like Combat Models--