Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

O.S. .55AX anyone seen this engine

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

O.S. .55AX anyone seen this engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 08:56 PM
buddude8
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.S. .55AX anyone seen this engine

just found this on tower. seems like a good engine for the price. I like that it has no remote needle

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNMD1&P=7
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99176.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	533005  
Old 09-30-2006, 11:21 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: O.S. .55AX anyone seen this engine

Dude:
You are never going to know unless you buy one and try it out. Appears they are not to proud of their rpm numbers as they are not shown. From prop recommendation, looks like a grunter rather than winder. Buy one and give it a good test stand break in. I have the new Webra 55 NIB which may have prompted the OS people to improve their offerings. Anyway, I will get off my old buns and stick it on a stand and give it a gallon or so few runs. My engine nut buddy at RC Country in Sacramento claims the thing to be a rever beast. He ususally guides me in the right direction. For about the same money, I would rather have a german quality product. (I hope). My newer go faster went to the ground gods last weekend, total loss of signal. Thing almost went out of sight, then started a circle back producilng some hope for a few moments and then outright fear as it was over our approach to the field road. Went in at WFO, guess 150 to 170. Talk about toast. Dub Jett may be able to salvage the 50 over the price of new, but will be close. Hit in soft newly plowed dirt so hard and fast that when cleaning up the engine to send it in, I found dry dirt above the piston and the crankcase almost stuffed. Tough motor, crank not bent by appearance. Battery pack went throuh the tank and firewall with enough force to bend all of the engilnes rear fins open. Anyway, am mad at the earth gods and in my crazy design my own kick. Gonna add 15% to the "Yellow Jacket's" moments and build another one for the 55. Should fly well, gonna be scary to land with a 40" cut down Q-500 wing? Will let you know how things are coming along. Wife has me in a remodel the house mode. Suddingly spending money is no problem. Think of what we could buy for a new kitchen and 2 baths, carpet and hard floor covering plus inside and outside complete paint job. Still cheaper than replacilng the woman!!!!!!!!!!! See ya Bro 119
Old 09-30-2006, 11:30 PM
Julian537
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: O.S. .55AX anyone seen this engine

rmenke,

do you have any pre crash pictures of the "yellow Jacket" ?
Is it a blown up design of the 1/2A model?