Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Another Midget!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 08:41 PM
FREEBIRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Midget!

Picked up one of these non-flown used arf's and man is this a nice little plane! I went low end with an OS .61 and this thing carves up the sky nicely. Only prob is that weak ill designed landing gear, I bent mine completely foward and it works OK now. Nice compact little plane, introduced me to this style of flying. May have to try a Shoe, Minnow or Toni now. I can see how those low high speed passes can be addictive.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:27 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Another Midget!

ORIGINAL: FREEBIRD

Picked up one of these non-flown used arf's and man is this a nice little plane! I went low end with an OS .61 and this thing carves up the sky nicely. Only prob is that weak ill designed landing gear, I bent mine completely foward and it works OK now. Nice compact little plane, introduced me to this style of flying. May have to try a Shoe, Minnow or Toni now. I can see how those low high speed passes can be addictive.

What brand is it? I'll show you some mods I made to my gear tomorrow. I also have a shoe. That whole list are very good flying planes. Throw .90's in them.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:42 PM
FREEBIRD

It's the World Models version, flew it again the wheels way foward works better. I was thinking adding aluminum gear to the fuse, they must be bullets on a .90, mines handling very well with the .61, no tip stall, snapping etc.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:31 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always liked the WM MM. I just have a difficult time spending that much for an ARF. A recent issue of RC Model World gave me a free plan for a .25-.40 size that may make a nice home for that Jett I picked up.[8D]
Old 11-27-2006, 11:16 AM
juanpipito

I had one, Died at a mid air collision. mine had a 4 stroke 91 os with a 11x10 prop spining at 11,800 on the ground, it was the fastest in town here in miami. Very fast plane, will definitely buy another one sometime.