Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

2.25 jet spinners ?

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

2.25 jet spinners ?

Old 02-19-2007, 05:13 AM
rmorhan
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.25 jet spinners ?

i,m using direct connection 2 1/4' alum spinners on my f20, f14 ect. the back plate has cracked on two of the three i have & thats only using os engines (hate to put one on a jett !) i can,t be overevving them so i,m thinking the drivewashers knurls are causing the backplate to crack. anyone got a fix(softwasher between the spinner & drivewasher?) or another option on a different spinner. i see juno rc stocks the right spinner but it could direct connection supplied....any advice appreciated...thanks..rob m
Old 02-19-2007, 08:19 AM
r-c-guy
My Feedback: (37)

Default RE: 2.25 jet spinners ?

Hi,

Try a Tru-turn spinner and you willo never go back!

randy
Old 02-19-2007, 09:07 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Tru-Turn ultimate style looks pretty good in this installation.....

The integral Jett 2.25" spinner is a good choice too..... just not as pointy.

Im not sure where Derek gets the spinners from these days... would not be from DC though.

Bob
Old 02-19-2007, 09:42 AM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cermark has the 2.25 long nose (prop jet) spinners for 10 bucks. They also
have the best prices and best quality on servo extentions, and good large
airborne batterys, nicad.

http://www.cermark.com/Merchant2/mer...t_Code=SR225LN

FBD.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70571.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	624892  
Old 02-19-2007, 11:44 AM
setxws6

Tru-turn=[8D]
Old 02-19-2007, 01:05 PM
dk823
My Feedback: (1)

The spinners Juno R/C sells are the DC ones. I bought all his remaining stock. I have only had one customer contact me about a spinner problem. I promptly replaced his spinner w/o charge. I just phoned the former owner of DC, and we spoke at length about this issue. People are not using the correct procedure and thus over tightening the spinner. The correct procedure to secure this spinner is to use a standard L-shaped allen wrench that fits the hex head on the bolt.......BUT......insert the long end of the wrench into the bolt....NOT the short end, and tighten BY HAND using the short end......No external wrenches, etc. If you are using any other procedure, you are overtightening the spinner and this could lead to the backplate developing cracks. Follow the above procedure. Let me know if I can help with anthing.

Derek Staha
Juno R/C
Old 02-19-2007, 02:04 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

I stand corrected
Old 02-20-2007, 04:22 AM
rmorhan
My Feedback: (17)

derek, the cracks start in the centre & radiate outwards. i noticed them on the second one before they reached the outer diameter so overtightening the spinner seems like an unlikely cause. the spinner screw is no tighter than the screws on the other dozen or so other alum spinners on my planes.(mostly tru turn) i,m thinking i,m tightening the prop nut more than these spinners like & the drivewasher knurl is causing the cracks. i,m not knocking the spinners ( i bought three for the price of one tru turn) just wondering if these backplates need a lighter touch on the prop nut ? i might try an alum washer between the backplate & drive washer on the third but having it slip would suck... for those running truturn ultimates is the spinners taper the same as the jet spinners or a little less ?? thanks for the input...rob m