Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

rich model keecat.60 size kingcat with retracts

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

rich model keecat.60 size kingcat with retracts

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 08:11 AM
bigdave155
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rich model keecat.60 size kingcat with retracts

thanks,
i balanced upside down and then checked right side up..all is good.
maidened it yesterday....baby headed for the clouds on liftoff!! all the downtrim in the radio wasn't helping... finally got it under flyable conditions, so i came in for the first nerveracking landing... perfect!! nice and level touchdown, just rolled the entire length of the runway...
i realized that the downthrust in the engine has to be adjusted. did that lastnight.. now with the folding front retract adjusted and the downthrust adjusted, i am ready for day two...
we'll keep everyone posted....
Old 04-14-2010, 08:17 AM
keithtsr
My Feedback: (3)

Good luck Bigdave, how much down thrust did you put in yours. I am going with 5 degrees with my fan. Did yours settle down with power off.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:41 PM
bigdave155

man!!! well, i'm not sure exactly how many degrees i put in, but i shimmed the top mount(motor laying sideways) with a piece about 1/16 thick. then i moved my elevator back to neutral expectling not so much trim, but it did the same thing... went straight up!! all the downtrim available, i still had to fly holding down elevator... i guess this is gonna need alot more and possibly, i'm thinking, an adjustment to the horizontal stab incidence.
besides that, it got too breezy for me. also still having issue, at half tank, the engine instantly quits. i dead stick to a good landing, and i keep finding the clunk in the front of the tank!!! i'm not doing any manuevers to put it there.. not sure, but i will be replacing the in tank hose....
also need to jb weld some aero humps in front of what used to be the tailpipes. they broke in the first crash on the s.t. G61. not sure if i'm having a pressure problem....so i am hoping to create a little negative pressure(vacuum) behind the exhaust exits....
here is a picture of my engine setup.. wicked power though running a zinger 11x8P (hope the pictues make it)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73956.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	1418030  
Old 04-14-2010, 05:38 PM
keithtsr
My Feedback: (3)

I know from flying the King Cat that it takes some down thrust, I can't remember how much. I keep thinking around 5 degrees. Another problem may be the wing in not being fully symmetrical. Then again it very well could be your incidence.

You might try using longer copper tubing which will make the clunk line short, less chance for it to go forward.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:30 AM
bigdave155

ok,
now if anyone could help me with a radio program, that would be the best...
i have just bought a used jr xp783. all seems to work, but i cannot seem to get how to program the spoilerons!!! i am sure the radio will do it, it's just that the useless manual doesn't tell you anything!!!!
any help is appreciated...
Old 03-09-2011, 11:22 AM
bigdave155

i know this post is old,
but i wondered if anyone could help me find a good tuned pipe for a magnum .91 xls going on my new keecat.
last year had the keecat with a supertigre .75  laid 90 degrees and a bisson pitts style with the pipes cut off...
jet screamed..maybe 70mph??
looking to get to 100 with this magnum .91 two stroke and zinger 11x10 pusher...
any help would be appreciated.....
Old 10-05-2011, 10:10 AM
GAS4ever

Hello to all.

Lot of time is passed, i wondering if someone still has their Keecats.
I bought an used KC and riped the nitro engine and installed an trex 700E 550KV motor on 12 cells with 12s 6000mah. I will be near 1,5 kgs heavier than the nitro setup, so someone thinks will be dificult to imposible to lift off this dart??