Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Rapier Ripmax?!?!?!

Old 01-21-2003, 01:47 PM
jchuston

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Rapier Ripmax?!?!?!

I am looking for a good speedy plane. I have seen the DD and a couple of others and they are kit builders. I have never done a kit and would prefer an ARF...anyone have one of these Rapier planes...how do they fly???

Thanks,

John Huston
Old 01-23-2003, 03:30 AM
3DFlight

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Ripmax Rapier Flying

John;

The plane flies well. I have a Rossi .45 with pipe on it. Pretty fast and impressive in the air, I think due mostly to the size of the plane. It is no Diamond Dust speed wise if you have any kind of a hot engine at all on the DD. It sure attracts attention when I make a high speed pass at about eye level or below from a 45 degree dive, Rossi really unloads. I put a picture of it on one of the other Ripmax Rapier threads. The ARF from Tower is only $119, a great buy. Built very fast, only complaint is the transparent yellow covering is hard to see in the air, but that is minor, I just don't fly it too far out.

Best regards,

Rege
Old 01-23-2003, 06:09 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Rapier Ripmax?!?!?!

seams you can still get the kit so seeing it in your own colours is a possibility.
Its smooth, stable and real nice to fly, low passes in ground effect are doable. its also a bit dull for me. they start getting quicker once you go over 50 in size and add tuned pipes.
it will make you think your a better flyer than you really are