Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

New Dago Red and OS 61 SF ABC

Old 01-22-2003, 02:10 AM
viper21
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default New Dago Red and OS 61 SF ABC

Hi guys, I just bought a new in box old version of the EZ Dago Red P51 Mustang. Probably one of the most beautiful ARFs ever made. Well I am installing my newly rebuilt OS 61 SF ABC with about 10 flights on it so its just about broken in. I am considering running a Macs Quite Long Stroke Pipe as I have a special Macs header that will allow me to run the engine inverted and the pipe down the side of the plane. My question is instead of the pipe I was thinking about running one of the Power Spec Ultra Thrust Mufflers http://www.pspec.com/ Has anyone tried these mufflers and does the engine run better than when its piped? The price for the muffler and the pipe are about the same so its a toss up. I am planning on running an 11x8-11x10 APC prop and Powermaster YS 20/20 fuel with some castor oil added? Which brings me to my second question the fuel is in a steel can and tightly capped but it about 8 months old and almost full. Is it still good?
Thanks Joe
Old 01-23-2003, 06:31 AM
homebuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default New Dago Red and OS 61 SF ABC

Hi

The ultrathrust mufflers are fantastic and will bring your engine alive. Expect about 1000+ rpm over stock muffler. Go with the 11x8 to start with,as they need rpm to function well. Be sure to fully break-in your engine with the stock muffler as the ultrathrust will fully test your breaki-n method.

P.S.: Expect shorter flight times as the increased power will cost you less time in the air. Be ready to dead stick untill you figure out the max flight times for your style of flying. I suggest a stop watch with alarm,, as time flys when your flying FAST!

Mark
Fresno,CA