Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

cermark f16 prop jet

Old 12-17-2006, 07:54 PM
DaddyGt
My Feedback: (12)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default cermark f16 prop jet

Has anyone got the new f16 prop jet from Cermark?
It now has air retracts that do not need a servo !!

...and if you do, how fast is it w/ a two stroke 91 engine?

The web site is down for maintenance.

glenn
Dallas TX
Old 12-17-2006, 10:52 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: cermark f16 prop jet

scroll down to the end of the first page here. Already a thread on it
Old 12-18-2006, 10:26 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

As noted, the F-16 thread features a few folks flying the new version.

Excellent airplane. The air gear works well.

It is a big plane - weighs in close to 10 lbs.

Any decent 90 powerplant will work. The Jett SJ-90LX with an 11x8 prop, OS91FX (12x8 and a jett-stream muffler is a good choice), and a few I know of flying with ASP/Magnum 91 engines performing fairly well.

Bob
Old 12-18-2006, 02:07 PM
DaddyGt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Bob,

I would like to get the Jett engine, but I really like to eat. So I won't be getting one any time soon .
I have read the notes on this thread. Maybe I missed it ,but didn't see anything about the servo use for the elevons, if that is indeed what this plane has. Do I need a high torque ?

I am going to use a 6v, I know that will increase the torque.

Thanks for the info

glenn
Old 12-18-2006, 03:27 PM
bob27s

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have hitec 605/615 in mine. Work well. A bit heavy, but this thing needs the weight. (hhmmmm.. steel case servos ?)

Ailerons just need something good and reliable. Its not a 3D machine, you will not use 60deg of control throw.

Engine wise.... lots of choices out there. Hard to find a 'bad' engine of any kind. Yes, the Jett is more expensive - and I too like to eat (a bit too much at times) so I understand how that works.

Although I do advise, add up the cost of all involved. I recently went through an email exchange with an individual where he started with an OS91, added a header and full pipe, changed the bearings, went with a 7D carb... installed a PSP piston/liner set (mainly because he burnt up the stock one with an improperly tuned pipe) and it ran like his Jett 90. No doubt it did perform very well, but when I told him to add up what he had spent, I do not think even he understood how much all that costs. Point being, OS91 and a pipe setup (or adding a jett-stream/ultrathrust) is not that much less expensive - all things considered.

(**of note.. the OS91FX runs very well - right from the box - the one's ive played with recently ran very well. Im not sure why folks sometimes decide to play doctor/frankenstein)

One little gem I experiement with briefly (and a few guys are flying in sport planes) is the ST90 with the jett-stream added. With the sales and rebates on that engine, its a heck of a value. Im not 100% sure its right for the F-16 .... but it might be worth trying.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:51 PM
DaddyGt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Great info
thanks very much

I believe I'll stay with the ASP/Magnum for now with a Mac if I can get one.

As for servos I have some good ones for the ailerons may have to gt a higer torque for the tail.

thanks again
glenn
Old 12-20-2006, 02:55 AM
kmtranmd
My Feedback: (71)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm using the Futaba 3152 hi torque, digital for only 30 bucks a piece from Tower for ail and elev. Works well and great price. I'm still flying the older version with mech retracts, pretty fast with the Jett90 up front. I expect the newer version will be a bit faster since it's smaller and less weight with the lighter air retract set up. I have the newer version still in the box, until I crash the older jet. It's a great model, looks good and flies well.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:28 AM
DaddyGt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

GReat!

I was looking at the servos from Tower. I think they have very good products, Really like their 2 stokes. Fast and powerful .

Why does the Cermark web site say that you don't ned a servo for the retracts??

Am I misreading something?

Also I would still like to know , if anyone knows , how fast can I expect to go with a ASP/Magnum 91 with just a Mac pipe ??

Thanks
glenn
Dallas
Old 02-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Hot Rod Todd
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You don't use servos to actuate the air retracts (up to three were used in the old mechanical system) but you do need one servo to actuate the air valve. A small servo like a Hitec HS-81 works fine, or even a standard bushing servo. Much cheaper than retract servos.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:31 PM
ych0322

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just test flight with my new cermark F16 prop jet with os61 / 12x6 master A/scw prop, very lucky during landing the plug has burn and my F16 land with safe, found under power with os61 and now order new os91, but does any one know apart from os91 engine is there any other engine that can fly faster than os91 n where to buy and how much? I want the fastest engine pls "help" ,, cuz speed is my friend. also planing to go for turbine jet soon in 2 month time, so need to master the speed as good as I can, pls advise. "my flying experient is 3 years in flying nitro airplane till 60 class war bird, aerobatic plane with 90 class, F16 prop jet just test fly with wrong engine, total landing is 4856 times for the past 3 years, almost flying every day at least 4 days in a week. so what do i need to fly turbine jet ? cz very $$$$ so don't want to crash,,,,need some advise for the skill needed for flying turbine jet. thks
Old 03-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Big Daddy-RCU
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have the Cermark F-16 and fly it with a OS.91.
The speed and power with the OS .91 installed is very good. But you need to change the muffler first.
I replaced the stock muffler and installed a JETT "JETT-STREAM muffler", a very big boost in RPMs and power.
I also run a 12x8 prop.
If you have the money and want even more power, get yourself one of the JETT.90 eng.s.
The Jett .90 Eng. runs around $300.00 to 400.00 with muffler.
My self, the OS .91 with a JETT-STREAM muffler moves the F-16 nicely.
Looking to get the F-18 next.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:58 PM
KC36330

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ych0322

I just test flight with my new cermark F16 prop jet with os61 / 12x6 master A/scw prop, very lucky during landing the plug has burn and my F16 land with safe, found under power with os61 and now order new os91, but does any one know apart from os91 engine is there any other engine that can fly faster than os91 n where to buy and how much? I want the fastest engine pls "help" ,, cuz speed is my friend. also planing to go for turbine jet soon in 2 month time, so need to master the speed as good as I can, pls advise. "my flying experient is 3 years in flying nitro airplane till 60 class war bird, aerobatic plane with 90 class, F16 prop jet just test fly with wrong engine, total landing is 4856 times for the past 3 years, almost flying every day at least 4 days in a week. so what do i need to fly turbine jet ? cz very $$$$ so don't want to crash,,,,need some advise for the skill needed for flying turbine jet. thks
the Jett 90LX as previously mentioned in this thread and many many times in the other threads on the same setup would be the engine of choice for the F-16 prop jet, but in no way is this setup going to prepare you for turbine flight, this plane has a max speed in the low 100s, a turbine is 200+

you may want to do allot more educating yourself before you take that step of faith.

kc

Old 04-03-2007, 08:07 PM
schao@cermark

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Our previous webmaster jacked the site for ransom. The new or temporary site is www.cermark.net. Please excuse our mistakes...

Peace,
Steven Chao,
www.cermark.net

ORIGINAL: DaddyGt
The web site is down for maintenance.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:01 PM
wylieruneyjr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Post that HI-Jackers name and address and I bet in a couple days he will beg you to take it back. Some of us fliers might even drive from out of state to vist this guy. People like this webmaster he or she, will get whats due them1
Old 05-29-2007, 08:42 PM
GIDDYUP

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Steven,

I bought the F-16 Thunderbird version 3 in Jan 07 and received it April 07. It appears to be great product and I sold my farther on it! My farther ordered a Thunderbird version in April and is still waiting. We both are considering a second F-16P, but the wait is pretty long.

Could you help explain the extended backorder on this product?

Thanks much! Robert
Old 05-29-2007, 11:10 PM
DaddyGt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I also ordered the F-16 Jan 3rd '07
Finally got it middle of April. I had originally ordered the General Dynamics scheme, but was informed it would be an additional 3 months !!. so I settled for the Thunder Bird .

I was told by Cermark that there is only ONE A DAY that is made becasuse of the type of materials used. ...I know , that's what he said !!

The F-18 list is even longer !!

Good luck . Better order now for a Dec or Jan delivery.

Oh, by the way . My bird flys fantastic. I have an ASP91 with Jett power pipe. Plenty of power and handles great .

Retracts are perfect. The manual is really good as well.

If you have any questions just call Cermark, they are very helpful.

You'll enjoy ...I promise

Glenn
Mesquite TX
Old 05-30-2007, 08:21 AM
jetpilotrich

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Does anyone still have the old mechanical retracts for the version 2 F-16 they do not want?

Thanks

Rich
Old 05-30-2007, 04:35 PM
GIDDYUP

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Glenn,

Hard to believe one A/C per day...unless they only have one mold to build the fuselage parts. The wings,stabs, rudder, and the formers can be massed produced.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:58 AM
Robert Groves

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I will be running a supertigre G90 on this one with an ultrathrust tuned muffler.
The jett muffler had a 5 week backorder and I couldnt find a used one.

Out of the standard muffler "shoebox"STG90, I am getting 12200rpm on a 13x6; 12800 on a 12x8
I am probably going to run a 11x9 on this baby when I eventually get it.
Rpm should jump by 1000 -1500 with the ultrathrust.

Bob, ill let you know how it turns out.
The G90 is a gem if you are willing to take the time to tune it properly. Needs patience and knowledge

Rob
Old 06-11-2007, 02:49 PM
buddude8
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jetpilotrich

Does anyone still have the old mechanical retracts for the version 2 F-16 they do not want?

Thanks

Rich
sent you a PM

ken
Old 08-29-2007, 01:03 PM
NoFlaps
My Feedback: (131)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm considering purchasing a Cermark F-16 Projet (w/ mech retracts) from this guy who has a pumped OS61fx in it, the plane has never flown, so he doesn't know about it's performance.
He says the guys at Cermark say it's a great match, but I only see that people use .90 size engines.
I would like for the plane to be fast, but I don't need a bolt of lightning.
Who has flight experience out there with .60 size engines on this plane, and if possible, give me the scoop.
[8D]
thanks!
Old 08-29-2007, 01:08 PM
KC36330

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: NoFlaps

........I would like for the plane to be fast, but I don't need a bolt of lightning.
You ain't gotta worry about that with this plane the 60 isn't gonna give you all that great of performance, it'll fly it but the Jett 90LX is the prefered choice for Best performance.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:57 PM
bob27s

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It will fly fairly well..... its a BIG airplane...... remember it weighs in around 9 lbs.

but to give it a fair shake.....

1) Prop with an 11x7 or 11x8 .... let the engine turn up.

2) Seriously consider bolting on a jett-stream or ultra-thrust muffler. That will put you in the power range of a 'stock muffler' ST90 or OS91.

3) The engine and F-16 installation does not really need a pump. Consider why that may have been added.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:41 PM
NoFlaps
My Feedback: (131)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the fast responses guys...I've only done prop warbirds to this point, so propjets are new territory.
I really liked the looks of the VMAR Mig21, but the Cermark F-16 seems like a higher quality bird.

The plane will come with an elongated "tuned" muffler, but a standard muffler is installed right now.
I was thinking about installing a ST 90, but would rather not have to buy another engine besides what somes with the plane.
the OS .61 came with a factory installed pump, I figured it was for unusual flight attitudes.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:59 PM
bob27s

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

it its a factory pump, its not a 61FX it is an older pattern engine ..... 61SP type. In which case... you have no problem ... its is a powerful engine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service