Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Lanceair IV fourty size racer?

Old 01-27-2003, 10:46 PM
rayzer 13

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Lanceair IV fourty size racer?

I have read for years that the lanceair was so fast that they hade to start a new class just for them at reno is any one producing a arf in 40 size we have a fun fly race comming up I'd be going up against a whiplash and magnum do u think it win?also what engine do yuo suggest?

let the spirt of compition live on
Old 01-27-2003, 11:56 PM
FlooredCOBRA

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just did a search on the Lanceair IV. From what i seen it looks bit like a passenger plane. I may have got the wrong plane.

As for the whiplash and the magnum they are a bit more sleeker aerodynamically and it may take a lot to get it to reach the speeds those planes fly.
Old 01-28-2003, 12:16 AM
rayzer 13

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Januarys issue of model airplane news covrage of usra say the unlimited and experimental class reached speeds of 220 mph
Old 01-28-2003, 12:27 AM
FlooredCOBRA

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That is pretty fast for a full scale but scaled down I don't think it would be all that fast as you would like it to be.

Another plane you may want to look at if you don't want to go with whiplash or F-20 may be a Diamond Dust or even a Scat Cat.

I have a Diamond Dust as of now and it is the fastest plane I flown and owned. I had a Scat Cat a few months ago and it too was a pretty fast plane. It all ended when I flew it through a tree but was a very fun and easy plane to fly.
Old 01-28-2003, 12:41 AM
rayzer 13

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

well the main reason that i dont want a diamond dust or a whiplash is mainly a joke on a old flying buddy that is the best piolt I've ever seen also a Alaska native so I mack fun of him flying arrowheads so I'm looking for a fast whiteguy airplane ha ha ps thanks for your posts it must be nice to live down south were tings are a lot easyer to find
Old 01-28-2003, 01:48 AM
FlooredCOBRA

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

haha okay i see your reason now.

I am not even sure they even make that plane any more. There is a few planes very similar to it though. These planes here will fly fast even with a sport .40 engine and faster with a BB .46 piped.

For all out speed a with a racing engine you will have a extremely fast plane. It would be neck to neck to see which one would be faster. These pylon type planes create less drag and are capable of speeds over 200. From there it is just a matter of finding the best prop engine pipe combo.

Check out this site and it will give you some idea what types of planes to go with.

http://www.pylonentries.fsnet.co.uk/indexa.html
Old 01-28-2003, 10:29 PM
vetagator
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default lanceair

great planes is coming out with a 60 size arf. I saw it in the latest issue of Model Airplane News. Looks nice.