Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

MY Combat Models F-16N

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

MY Combat Models F-16N

Old 12-31-2006, 05:33 PM
sticktickler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY Combat Models F-16N

I Built one of these a few years back and really enjoyed learning some very different building skills. Most of which I use often even with balsa built up kits. This thing fly’s rock solid and rolls like it's on a shaft down the center of the fuse smooth as glass. If anyone builds this I will caution you to make sure you have very good running engine. You need to go with a pumped system on your engine the fuel tanks are very far from the carb to work well with the (extremely quick throttle response) you will need for those very hairy landings. Much like its full size counter part lift is kind of an after thought with those thin wings its all in the power plant. It's still a very cool plane for a design nearly 30 years old don’t ya think? Sadly however I think it’s soon to be a faded memory to our US flying forces. Owning to more reliable twin engine thrust vectoring technology and radar stealth invisibility we have come to adopt to our more modern aircraft. The F-16A first flew in December 1976 and the first operational F-16A was delivered in January 1979 to the 388th Tactical Fighter Wing at Hill Air Force Base, Utah. On 18 March 2005, Lockheed Martin Aero plant in Fort Worth, Texas, delivered the final F-16 Fighting Falcon for the US Air Force. Lockheed Martin continues to produce the F-16 fighter for international customers. A total of 2231 F-16s have been produced for the U.S. Air Force, the active USAF fleet of today counting more than 1300 aircraft.
But with any luck the models will be around for many years to come. So we may continue to honor these fine aviators by building the planes they fly to protect this free country we all love so much.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54392.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	587639   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57012.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	587640   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv54693.jpg
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	587641  
Old 01-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Bucshot
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: MY Combat Models F-16N

Nice paint job! I built one of these kits 8 years ago and I had a blast building it. I really enjoyed flying it too! Mine hasn't been in the air for a few years, but I still have it hanging in my garage.

Thanks for the info on the F-16. What was your source? Just think, if the AF discontinues the F-16, what would the replacement be, the F-22, F-35? Can you imagine a Thunderbird version of either these two models? Not sure I could get used to that.

Thanks
Old 01-01-2007, 01:24 PM
sticktickler

There is no doubt that the smooth sexy curves of this machine are truly one of a kind. Reminds me much of the beautiful Chevy Corvette of the same era (1976) both designed for the same reason aero dynamics for higher speeds. The new stealth technology has brought us more refined lines and far less curves in our modern aircraft. These hard lines and flat surfaces reduce the aircrafts ability to reflect the radar image back rendering it nearly invisible. This has been the focal point of modern warplane development in the US for many years. They are purpose built and they do exactly what their designers wanted them to do by giving them an advantage over any adversary. I do agree you that it truly makes these new planes look less interesting and far less sexy.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Oosiksmith
My Feedback: (1)

Nice missiles.....did you make them or buy them somewhere?
Old 01-01-2007, 08:54 PM
sticktickler

Nice missiles.....did you make them or buy them somewhere?

These come with this kit simply a round long piece of foam fins are balsa and glued to the foam cylinder then glassed as part of the wing. Its all in the painting they are not removable and another thing about this kit I do not much care for is that the wing is also non removable. You will need a big truck for this one or build a house at your field lol.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:28 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

nice im almost done with mine, putting decals on I made and panel lines then a clear coat and im finished woot! nice plane
Old 01-04-2007, 10:13 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

here are some of mine just started putting panel lines and decals I made on, should be finished tomorrow with missiles. I just made up some lines that looked good, if I put to many it doesnt look good some im just adding the major ones
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35375.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	590908   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30769.jpg
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	590909   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch97370.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	36.4 KB