Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

info on supertigre .61X K fire engine

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

info on supertigre .61X K fire engine

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 05:18 AM
propjets4me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default info on supertigre .61X K fire engine

Hi to all, might have a chance to get a St .61K engine x series with front induction rear exhaust , it's suppose to be in very good condition but I was wondering if any of you speed freaks have one or have had any experience with this engine?

If I can locate one, I might see about running it on a whiplash

so if anyone can suggest a good prop/fuel combo that would help

P.S I did a search of the engine forum and couldn't find anything so I thought I'd ask here
sorry if this isn't the correct forum to ask

thanks
Frank
Old 01-18-2007, 07:39 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: info on supertigre .61X K fire engine

Is that the one with the square head?
I asked the same question in the "Club Supertigre" thread in the Glow Engines forum...

Another answer I got (elsewhere ) was that the X .60-.61 was of the "Pattern" era when everybody was trying to spin an 11 X 7 as fast as they could, and it's ported and timed to rev.

I'm far from an expert on them, but from the info I have gleaned, they don't need/like a lot of nitro either...and prop it to rev.

Mac's would have a 10cc size pipe...just need a header.
Do you have a cast on to the cyl. round exh. stack, or a flange for a bolt on pipe adapter?
Old 01-18-2007, 12:53 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

The engine runs ok ...... but was never in a league with the OS, YS, Webra or Rossi.

However I seem to recall Hanno Prettner flew one in the Calypso for a while.

Not too bad of an engine if you set it up with a longer pipe and a 12x9. Ok power for lighter pattern ships in the 7 to 7.5 lb range.

Its heavy. IMO skip the whiplash idea.

Confused though.... the X series and the K seriese are quite different versions.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:38 PM
propjets4me

thanks for the reply, I thought it the "x" and "k" were different to too, but thats how its listed
it has the square head that looks just like the cureent series, eg gs40 - g90 and to answer proptop's question about the flange..it's bolted on
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12642.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	600903  
Old 01-18-2007, 04:22 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That must be one of the later ones...mine both have a round / low finned head...(early version ) and the FIRE has a tubular, cast-on exh. stack. (edit: and they came in the blue and white box )

I talked with "kweasel" (here on RCU ) about 'em...and he told me that there was an early, round cyl. and head version, w/ low fins, like mine, and a later, "square" head version with tall fins...but the head and case on yours looks even more "massive" and the fins are taller than the "square" headed version I have seen before???
I recently saw (on epay ) a FIRE X .60 (or was it .61?) that had a cyl./head configuration that reminded me of a Thunder Tiger .46/.61 Pro, w/ the cast on round exh. stack?

I'm confused too...(not the first time today though...LOL)

I think mine...the early ones are ported/timed for r.p.m.?
I have a FISE and a FIRE (G.60's ) and they're both light...like basically the same wt. as the Enya .60X AAC Mk. III
Old 01-18-2007, 11:33 PM
propjets4me

thanks for trying to find out proptop, I appreciate the effort, when i see the guy I might just have a look at the documentation first, as bob27s said it's even more confusing labelled as a SupertigreX .61K fire..or if its a good torque motor might put it in a pattern plane

I just love rear exhaust engines rather than have mufflers out the side