Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

TT Rare Bear

Old 02-01-2007, 11:16 PM
MattyC-130
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default TT Rare Bear

Even after spending countless hrs. reading all the neg posts about the Rare Bear, I bit the bullet and bought one. I am putting as OS 1.08 in it and have modified it with retract doors, flaps and have spent alot of time strengthening the tail with dowels epoxied inside the stab tubes, Gorrilla glue injected into the stab between the ribs, and a support wire that goes from the vertical stab out to each hor. stab and one from the bottom of the fuselage to each stab like my 120 size giles. Will try to post some pics of the mods and report on first flight.
Matty
Old 02-01-2007, 11:46 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: TT Rare Bear

Matty: Go guy go. Its a bueatiful airplane, hope the mods work out well. We were thinking of strapping a Jett 90 on one, just for grins, but backed out after reading the problems the airframe may have. A lot dedpends on the pilot and how he flys the thing. A bro and I bought a identical airplane with retracts. He has torn the retracts out of his at least 5 times, mine (not even braced like his) is still going just fine. I wheel land mine, he trys to 3 point and generally flops in after a low stall. Regardless, ENJOY