Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Which Delta do I want?

Old 02-12-2007, 10:01 PM
stnick
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Which Delta do I want?

I need some recomendations for a fast Delta. I have 3 years experience and fly warbirds with confidence. I'm 50 and can pay for my fun. Now, I'd prefer an ARF because I work hard and when I have time to fly I'd rather be flying. I'd prefer retracts but am willing to look at anything. I'm going to the big swap meet in Perry Ga. March 2 and 3 and I'd like to educate myself before I buy foolishly. The Tharpe Vortex looks good to me at this point but it's not an ARF. I don't have to have a Delta, I'd just like to have something faster than my P51's ( approx. 100mph )
I'm profecient with engines, radios, etc. Thanks guys.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:16 PM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Which Delta do I want?

I had the Vortex delta, it's not fast. If you look at my profile you'll see two other deltas, a Diamond Dust, quick build, 4 hours?, but Morris Hobbies is suppose to be ARFing it. The other I got of the ebay, if you can't find it Pm me and I look it up. The new kid on the block is the Phenom http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5366552/tm.htm
Old 02-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Lomcevak Duck
My Feedback: (14)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Diamond Dust is a kit, but has a very low parts count and builds faster than most ARFs. I framed and covered mine in about six hours (probably could have been faster, but I was watching a movie). The frame-up is super easy and the rest of the set-up takes no time at all. Hardware is included. I am a full-time college student and have no idea what extra time is, but I managed to build it in two evenings. Mine flies very well with an O.S. .32SX and Hitec HS-85MGs. It's lighter than most Dusts you'll see here and launches VERY well. It is faster than a .46AX powered Magnum at the field, if only by a small margin. Very resilient airframe, and a blast to fly, but what I really want is a Phenom with a Jett .60LX F.I.R.E on the front.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Lomcevak Duck
My Feedback: (14)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

By the way, I'm going to the Perry show too. I bought my Dust kit there last year from Hodge's Hobbies (who will be there again this year) I am toying with the idea of selling my Dust this year to fund a Phenom build. (I might be willing to trade something fo ra Phenom kit ...?)
Old 02-13-2007, 02:08 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well folks I can tell you that the Phenom is a QUALITY ARF. It seems like an improved Whip.

I plan to be the first guy to be flying mine but I am using an OS-50SX as an everyman's set-up (which is perfect since I AM every man, Some day I will get a Jett-60LX for this thing though)

The Diamond Dust is great but not as durable as the other composite/ glass deltas.

Welcome to the speed area, let us know what you get!

James
Old 02-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Roary m
My Feedback: (67)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Mach Delta is an arf; it comes from Hobby people and they are running a Pres. day weekend sale for him at around 70 bucks. I have one, a very nice prefab ship.