Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Jett Stream Mufflers on Super Tigre 45/51?

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Jett Stream Mufflers on Super Tigre 45/51?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 02:47 PM
mmattockx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jett Stream Mufflers on Super Tigre 45/51?

This is really for Bob Brassell, but anyone else with experience can chime in...

I am about to buy a couple of new ST's, either 45's (ABC) or G51's (ringed). Does one of these respond better than the other to the Jett Stream tuned mufflers? What can I expect for RPM with APC 9x7, 10x6, etc props?

Thanks,
Mark
Old 02-16-2007, 03:01 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jett Stream Mufflers on Super Tigre 45/51?

With those props, you will see a gain of about 1000-1200 rpm over the stock muffler. Probably a bit more.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:07 PM
mmattockx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Jett Stream Mufflers on Super Tigre 45/51?

Does one respond better than the other to the tuned muffler? I was reading your comments about the OS55 and it made me wonder if one or the other is better as a speed engine choice? I have a 45 now that is going on my Dominator 500 and one of the others is going on a Trouble Maker pattern ship, so it needs to rev up as well. What do you think, Bob?

Thanks for the help,
Mark