Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Another prop question

Old 03-08-2007, 10:17 PM
WSL

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Another prop question

I have installed a Magnum 80 4 stroke on my 40 size Extra 300S and the prop called for (13X6) is real big on this plane so I put on a 12X8. The problem is that the plane will not stand still at idle. I have considered using a 3 blade prop but I don't know what size to try. Or am I using the wrong prop alltogether? I am not insterested in speed, just power. I like the idea of the 3 blade. Please advise. Thanx all. WSL
Old 03-08-2007, 11:00 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Another prop question

One of the most awesome 3D combos I've ever seen was a Saito .72 on a U Can Do .40. I think it had a 13x4 prop. I would check in with the 3D / Aerobatic forum for what they think.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:44 AM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

WSL:

I run a ac 14 X 4 on my YS 63 and it works well for all 3D. The YS 63 is as strong as your magnum 80. so the prop size should be in the ball park. The 13 is just not enough for the engine. When ever you can, run a prop pitch at 4 for 3D flying. ONly problem you run into is clearance which makes for long landing gear on some planes. When you get up in size to the gassers, things change and the engines require different prop sizes. I still keep theprop pitch as low as possible for engine rpm and quick recovery. ENJOY
Old 03-15-2007, 10:31 PM
wylieruneyjr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Put some fuel tubeing between wheel collars and wheels and push collar back on to create friction sort of a poor mans breaks. adjust tension as needed. When you throttle up it will go.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:52 AM
Rudeboy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Most of us here are trying to get a plane to go as fast as possible... standing still at the flight line is not really one of my concerns... Sorry to be of little help But some fuel tubing between the wheels and the collars works... in a limited sort of way.