Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

alley cat spinner

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 12:36 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alley cat spinner

I had this written somewhere....

what size spinner is used for the Alleycat ?
Old 04-04-2007, 01:39 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: alley cat spinner

Bob: Is 2-1/4". Took it off and measured it.

Finished my Yellow Jacket II just prior to our first club race, two flights on it prior to race day, unable to drop down and fly the pylons due to sun position late in the day. Race day morning, flew test flight. Goes like crazy fast with the new Jett 60 LX, but not real solid in the turns. Just needs CG and throw R & D. Did not want to fly with a lot of people around, down in the grove, the life I save may be my own, so ran home, pulled the Jett 35 YJ off the ceiling and raced it. Like making love with a old girlfriend. Its been around for years, decided to pull the old covering off, streamline a little, give the engine some well deserved maintenance, and drag it out once in a while just to remind the gang whos boss around here (Wishfull thinking) We don't have a radar gun and I want to start proping this guy from scratch as I think there is another 10-15 mph that I am leaving on the table. Fro grins, what is the prop range you would recommend for the SJ 35? Wish Dub would make a LX verlsion of this wonderfull little guy. Thanks & ENJOY.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:00 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: alley cat spinner

Dub can LX anything you want Cost is usually a $25 upgrade.

On the regular 35, sorta depends on the plane..... ive tried everything from the 7.4" carbon QM40 props up through a 10x6. I sorta like the way it runs with a 8.5x7 for speed stuff.