Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

os vr df 90 delta project speed

Old 04-05-2007, 08:51 AM
balsaeater

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default os vr df 90 delta project speed

Finances or lack off dictate a multi step program so this is it roughly

Build a simplex delta hot spot style but much smaller and instead to big slow prop type take fastest revving motor ou there that can do RAMTEC at later date when funds allow and then later again buy 6kg pulsar and put it on the delta and then use OS and ramteck for another project

Problem no info out there on OS VR DF in prop mode so will probably have to experiment

figure it will probably be a 10*10 with 18,000 rpm with zero nitro and tuned pipe tuned for full tilt

Any way on the lookout for plans for a delta that normally does a 6kg pulsar with 2 bladder tanks of 700cc

motor will be on a tail on the rear with the prop in tractor mode so as to allow quick convertion to EDF when funds allow and later do Pulsar with twin tail

Wont be doing U/C except small belly wheel glider style and just bungee and go and grass landing

Any use full info such as internet plans or similar shoot

Suggestions of get onother motor cant do got this one

suggestion nitro cant afford that 5% max as that doubles my costs locally it expensive

kits no chance

balsaeater

Old 04-05-2007, 08:54 AM
balsaeater

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: os vr df 90 delta project speed

mistake repost
Old 04-05-2007, 11:33 AM
KC36330

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: balsaeater

motor will be on a tail on the rear with the prop in tractor mode .............
an OS91 VR mounted on the tail in tractor configuration would take one hell of a long nosed aircraft to counter balance the engine/pipe sticking out the back, maybe in all your excitement you meant to type pusher instead...

kc
Old 04-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Rudeboy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

In the past I used to get into those multi step programs too... for the same reason... trust me, you're better off saving up some bucks now, and do it right the first time. Because it will just be a lot more expensive in the end when you do a multi step job.

Also, a pulsar is a stellar phenomenon... believed to be a rotating neutron star. There's still very little known about them, but on thing is for sure: they are of no use on a delta.

My point is: for the combined cost of a VRDF prop job, a Ramtec fan and a pulsejet, you can get yourself a turbine these days. If you go the turbine route, you have a fast plane right away, and you can fly it anywere... as opposed to a pulsejet.

All this of course is only true if cost is your only motivation. If you are a guy that just loves to tinker with stuff, then go right ahead.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:22 AM
balsaeater

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Delta will have a super long nose probably canard on it with length ratio nearly double the span so as to make small field landing more easy with high sink rate and high alpha

For crash damage purposes a sub $1000 RAMTEC is sure a less expensive crash than $4000 turbine crash

Also the wing loading weight ratio for the turbines are nearly double the RAM tec

The pulsar should be able to get some cheap as the other s get turbines and go into stickville and do guerrilla flying quick flight and depart to another spot and spread the 150 db over a larger footprint

The country side every year gets more empty with rapid depopulation in the stickville so pulsar gets easier for my other friends doing similar who i tag along with sometimes

The pulsar are troublesome motors cheap and noisy with bladder tanks and very small deltas and suitbale launch ramp with twenty plus bungees they faly very very very fast but only for three minutes with 1.5 litres of pure gasoline or 60% kero fuel ratio
but I am still only a trainee on the black art until I buy one

Turbines need a promotion or pay rise or the price drops a lot as gas prices to drive into the stickville are still cheaper
but if santa is nice will do turbines also

balsaeater

PS am most likly going to skip prop step and go direct to RAMTEC FAN as looks like a little tax return will help out and cant find suffient prooof with simulators etc that prop option will return speeds a whole lot faster than RAMTEC but could be wrong

Also in the future have a special use for the RAMTEC in project that wouldnt justify a turbine to solve