Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Cermark F-16 first flight

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Cermark F-16 first flight

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 07:10 PM
funflyerf4
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cermark F-16 first flight

We'll I had my first flight on the F-16 today.The take off was good the flight not to bad I have it balanced at 8.25" and it seems tail heavy.I will take out about 2 ozs.I had to add 8 ozs in the tail to balance it.Dry weight came out at 10.5 lbs dry.The Jett 90 I have in it might need to be overhauled it will only turn my 11-8 at 14to 14,2oo.I put the gear down and out came the gear but the wheel collar that holds the strut in the retract came off and the front strut dangling out I landed on the mains but broke the prop.I will try again tommorrow.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:02 AM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Cermark F-16 first flight

AFTERTHOUGHT: use a drop of loctite on the setscrews in your wheelcollars. [&:]
Old 04-22-2007, 03:27 PM
Sparhawk

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

File a flat on the wires too, before locktiting the grub screws in place.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Mike Connor
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: funflyerf4

I will try again tommorrow.
At least you can try again tomorrow. It could have been much worse.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:20 AM
funflyerf4

We'll the second flight was much better.I had taken 1 1/2 ozs from the rear it flew much better.I still have to pull the motor and send it in for repair.I dropped down to an 11-7 and the rpms came up to 14-7 it must need a new liner and piston.Now the glow plug just spins in the head.I will pull out the 90 in my other F-16 the one I will be retiring that one still spins 15,200 to 15,4 with an 11-8.All in all the F-16 flies just as good as the 2'nd version.The two tone gray camo does work pretty we'll thow.I had to put some orange to the underside of the wing tips.And yes the struts does have flats for the collors.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:19 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Now the glow plug just spins in the head.
Real quick..... make sure the entire head buttton is not spinning. In otherwords, the entire SLEEVE is spinning along with the head button - thus the head is loose.

If the head is loose, and the head button is turning - take the muffler off, check the alignment of the sleeve ports within the crankcase.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:41 PM
funflyerf4

All ready checked the head it is tight, can the plug sleeve can be replaced ?And i guess the rpm isssue is a liner and piston?Thanks Bob in advance.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:00 PM
wylieruneyjr

Need some advice please read my post in CERMARK BETTER STRONGER page 34, Problem excessive balance weight in tail and radio glitching. Will be getting some help to get exact total weight of plane and exact CG. But I did balance it right side up retracts down on a 3/4 inch PVC pipe run horzitol under belly right where the plywood former is just ahead of the main retracks at about 8.5 to 9 inchs..
Old 04-24-2007, 10:49 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

All ready checked the head it is tight, can the plug sleeve can be replaced ?And i guess the rpm isssue is a liner and piston?Thanks Bob in advance.

Just wanted to ensure the liner was lined up properly first before having you spring for the expense on a replacement.

You can replace just the head button if required. It is a seperate part from the finned head clamp.

If the engine is seriously down on power , you would want a head/pistion/liner set. They are a matched fit. You can do this on your end, or send it in for service.