Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

prop help

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 06:38 PM
handyman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prop help

t/t 46 with macs pipe 30% fuel coolpower, bokeer bearing, whats a good prop for this
Old 05-01-2007, 09:09 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: prop help

ORIGINAL: handyman

t/t 46 with macs pipe 30% fuel coolpower, bokeer bearing, whats a good prop for this
Your question all depends on how the pipe is tuned.... pipe length determines RPM. Prop then depends on the engine's ability to turn it up to that rpm. Prop size and selection depends on the application too.

Considering the forum you are asking in here... and making an assumption for a moment that you have the MACs pre-tune pipe setup...

That setup is tuned for approximately 16,000 rpm.
I would start off with a 10x6
From there if you are looking for a bit of speed, move to an APC 9x7 and perhaps a 9x8

Find peak rpm on the ground, back off on the needle about 500-600 rpm before flight.

Bob
Old 05-02-2007, 12:52 AM
freakingfast
My Feedback: (3)

That 30% may be too high for that engine. It could run hot and make less power.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:37 AM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: freakingfast

That 30% may be too high for that engine. It could run hot and make less power.
nitro is a cooling agent, it'll actually cool the engine running a higher percentage. the higher RPM you can gain using it can raise temps due to friction but it's no different then running a lower prop load. the TT engines run great on the 30% nitro, But in high temp/humidity environments like we have here in South Alabama you need to shim the head to lower the compression a bit because of the 22% oil content of the 30% can jack it on up..........

kc
Old 05-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Major Pain

Where can you get head shims for TT46pro? Will running 2 glow washers help any? Hope this is not to far off topic.------------Revver Bro#164