Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Jett Sport 50 or Jet Fire 50?

Old 02-24-2003, 07:07 PM
ckoerner
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Jett Sport 50 or Jet Fire 50?

I am trying to decide which one to get. The only reason I am considering the sport, is that I can use it in a lot of other planes if I loose the Whiplash. Where as the Jet Fire there are a limited number of planes to use it in. How much difference in performance will I see between the two? Also how loud is the Jet Fire 50 with the tuned pipe?
Thanks,
Craig
Old 02-24-2003, 10:29 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well I think i can help you with this. A while back back i went throgh that. Dub Jett told me that if i was flying a sport type prop jet, than the Sport 50 would be the one (which is what i got). That Jett fire .50 is for more like 3ish pound pylon planes or Diamond Dust etc. They are front intake, rear exhaust. I guess it would be whatever would set up better on your plane. That Sport Jett. 50 will pull my DC F-20 6lbs at 125mph and 140mph at sea level. It will work fine on a whiplash or virtually anything.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:49 PM
Mike Connor
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Re: Jett Sport 50 or Jet Fire 50?

Craig,

I have owned two Sport Jett engines and the only performance disadvantage I see is any additional drag from the side exhaust. There are three different tuned mufflers available for the Sport Jett depending on what you want to do. The SS (Super Sport) muffler was my favorite as it worked great with a sport 9x8 or pylon type props. Changing from plane to plane sure was easy without the rear exhaust.
Old 02-27-2003, 09:19 PM
AQ500

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Had a chance to fly my sport Jett 50 with the quickee muffler against a Jett fire 50. The planes were both predator ARF's. His was a little lighter and my engine has about 200 flights on it. He was a couple of mph's faster than mine, but they looked almost dead even. I'm sure if my engine was newer and my plane was lighter, I would have had a slight edge.

The Jett 50 with the quickee muffler is cheaper, but that rear exhaust on that fire looked rather mean.