Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

parkzone f-27c stryker

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

parkzone f-27c stryker

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 01:38 AM
kev flash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parkzone f-27c stryker

if you have had any problems with the f-27c please tell us about it as i've had a few myself[]

first off the charger you get with the rtf version is dangerous and poorly made the charger plugs into your ciggie lighter and has a cable about 1 and a half feet long and the battery has about a 3cm cord this places the charger and battery in the car not a good idea
so i made a mod put a longer cable and aligator clips on it this at least got it out of the car
but i could not charge my battery i only got an error warning now i know the current from the ciggie lighter is 12v dc and i get the same outcome from running dirrect from the battery
so i got a swallow charger and balancer but when parkzone has made there battery they have not put the universal connection on it my guess to save money
so i bought an awesome power battery same specs as the parkzone battery 11.1v 2200mah 3cell li-po i even kept the original e-flite ec3 connection on the esc ordered some spares as you do
and put an ec3 connecter on my battery then decided to plug her in.
well, my esc went up in a plume of smoke so i franticley disconected the battery. now since this has happened i've been back to the shop and seen the fellas and aparrently i've done an exellent job of everything so we are all wondering if it's a bum esc but i'm still waiting to see what the result is.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:38 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: parkzone f-27c stryker

ORIGINAL: kev flash

if you have had any problems with the f-27c please tell us about it as i've had a few myself[]
Kev - there are numerous electric forums on RCU where this question would likely be better addressed. The F-27, although a reasonably brisk park flier, doesn't qualify as an extreme speed airplane. But if you get it up to about 130mph we'll talk!

MJD
Old 05-03-2007, 11:55 PM
manavy2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: parkzone f-27c stryker

I've gotten mine up to 137 mph, police radar checked. It can go that fast, so I think it is more than qualified for this forum.