Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

It's here!F-18

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 07:39 PM
funflyerf4
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's here!F-18

I was suprised when I came home there it was finally here.I looked at the box and wow I said these does not look good.I opened it up and it was just as bad as the box.The finish of the plane looks great.It is not Cermarks fault but FEDEX THEY JUST @#$%#$@ I can't wait for another one.This is going to another great plane from Cermark.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76923.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	680505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw70998.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	680506   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75378.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	680507   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oh12702.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	680508  
Old 05-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Destiny-RCU

Default RE: It's here!F-18

That would make me very upset, because when I get a new toy I like to play. And to get a new toy thats broken.........UGH!!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 08:55 PM
phjoker
My Feedback: (4)

Sorry to hear about that..but on a positive note it aint as as bad as mine...LOL
Old 05-08-2007, 10:26 PM
funflyerf4

Hey Pete at least you had some flights on yours.On the bright side, the plane is definitly a keeper .It is sweeet looking.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Around where I live, Fed Ex uses "contractors" to deliver stuff to residences. They typically drive small mini-vans with a Fed Ex magnetic sign stuck on the side. These guys look like they were scraped off the bottom of the barrel. They also typically toss the package on the front step, ring the door bell and then haul a## back to their vehicle and peel out before you even have a chance to answer the door.

Hope you get a replacement from Fed Ex soon!
Old 05-09-2007, 03:31 PM
JS615

dont you just hate it when you see that airplane on your porch and your all fired up and ready to start putting that plane together and you open the box and the plane is smashed to pieces, and on the outside of the shipping box you see a big foot print where some dirt bag delivery boy stomped on it or walked on it in there truck, Its happened to me also kmot, your not alone,,, I have actually seen them throw a arf i had ordered one time out of there truck on to my drive way.. you talk about wanting beat the crap out the guy,,[:@][:@][:@]
Old 05-09-2007, 03:41 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

hopefully FedEx has good proceedures for claims.

Last time I got one like that, it took 6 months, and UPS still wouldnt pay the claim - they said it was insufficient packaging.

(well, it was insufficient from the fact that it was not capable of withstanding an 8mph impact from a falling 500 pound metal container)

Ive seen how the Cermark planes are packaged..... they travel well under even some extreme handling.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:14 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Kmot

They also typically toss the package on the front step, ring the door bell and then haul a## back to their vehicle and peel out before you even have a chance to answer the door.
Dang those contractors are better then the real deal..........at least the ones here, they ride two to the truck and only walk about half way up the drive and throw the box at the porch and could care less if it even makes it to the porch, they don't even know what a knock or a door bell is. even stuff marked 'PERISHABLE' they'll toss it in the yard in the heat of summer and walk away.

on the bright side they have excellent claim service and are very quick to pay for any damaged goods. they also have guaranteed delivery date/time and when they don't meet that they'll refund any shipping charges as well.

ORIGINAL: JS615

................. I have actually seen them throw a arf i had ordered one time out of there truck on to my drive way.. you talk about wanting beat the crap out the guy,,[:@][:@][:@]

my other 'hobby' is reef aquariums, I've had live corals costing near a grand tossed in the air and flipped as he walked up to the door, when i commented he said 'That's nothing of what it's already been through......... only reason he was gonna ring the bell is it required an adult signiture........yet I've had them leave packages with signature required and put 'release on file' on the delivery status which i don't have so they have to pay every time they do something that stupid.

Bob, I've NEVER had a single problem out of UPS either, they even pick up the item and return it to me after they inspect it (usually overnight service) and have a check within a few days. i do allot of shipping via UPS because it's only a few blocks from me and i really like their service, I've had a few people request FedEx (35 miles away) but i try to ship and receive everything UPS if i can because of their quick turnaround. most it's ever taken was 5 days, FedEx has never been over 2 weeks.

kc
Old 05-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Trollmaster

I hope Cermark makes it right. After seeing this I'm not even going to try it. You know , I've had several things in my day "held at the dock" just in case. Something to think about.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:04 AM
funflyerf4

Cermark is sending one out to day.I had plans on flying it at our war bird show on the 19 of this month,I don't see this happining.At least they have another one to send to me.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:04 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Ok... off topic just slightly here... then Im done .... [&:]

UPS is the only one who has given me any grief. They are good service 97% of the time.

Twice in the past 18 months they decided to pull the "insufficiently packaged" stuff on me.

One was a computer I sent to my mom down in Florida - my old P3 system - shipped in a 300lb test corrogated box, bagged, instipack, 4"+ margins all around, fiberglass packing tape for closure and reinforcement. It would have survived an ISTA drop test from 10-12 feet easily. In transit, someone drove a forklift blade through it or something - it had a 6" wide gash clean through the side of the box and partly through the PC enclosure. But apparently ..."I didn't package it well enough". They told me to file a claim with the UPS store that shipped it since they didnt do it correctly - when I told them I packed it... all I got was... ".... um.... oh..... well, it needed better packaging". Total write off.

The other one was a special christmas present for my wife. Bought a piece of her dinner china set on Ebay (I think it was around $900 for the one piece). It arrived in a condition similar to the F-18 above. This one had been professional packed, molded styrofoam structure within the original factory shipping box, that placed within a second corrugated box with peanuts --- but when I received it, it had obviously been bottom loaded along with a shippment of steel I-beams. The box was approximately 1/2 the height it started out as. This hassle continues, because I technically paid for the insurance and owned the item, but the seller bought the insurance and shipped the package. Seller expected me to collect the insurance claim. It goes round and round. UPS claim process apparently does not work quite that way. So not only did I miss on the nice christmas give, there is $900 up in the air, and both a seller and buyer spending time trying to resolve this. It was quite simple..... broken in shipping - pay the insurance claim. At least, you would think so.

In the same 18-2yr time frame, 1 FedEx and 1 USPS paid damage claims, no hassle, within 4 weeks.
Again, just personal experience, and a personal decision since I have a selection of carriers to choose from.

For most commercial businesses, all of the shipping companies tend to work with the businesses fairly well, and claims tend to be resolved a bit better than when shipping as individuals. In that respect, it is not that bad.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:12 AM
ag4ever

ORIGINAL: bob27s

For most commercial businesses, all of the shipping companies tend to work with the businesses fairly well, and claims tend to be resolved a bit better than when shipping as individuals. In that respect, it is not that bad.
And that is one of the reasons I ship everything to my office with the company name on it. I also try to ship as much from here as well.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:50 AM
KC36330

i actually am an individual shipper, i pack my own items and take them to the customer counter to ship them out so i don't get any business preferential treatment, i hate that you've had so much trouble with your claims, I've had things shipped to me that were clearly not packaged properly and when UPS contacted me about the shipment i expressed it wasn't their fault but the shippers poor packaging yet they still paid his claim.

it is their policy that whomever shipped is the insurance claimer and if you're having problems on that I'd lay that blame on your shipper, customer support should be anyones top priority and they should be taking care of any hassle not you as the buyer.

the only advantage I've seen from being a business with UPS is you get earlier delivery, business addresses are first on their delivery route and around here they at least try to make it roughly the same time every day where at my home it can be anywhere from noon to 5pm delivery. if it's something i need ASAP i just give them a call at the local facility and they do a counter hold and i can pick them up at 6:30am

you wouldn't think world wide carriers wouldn't have such different 'standards' from location to location but out west and in the northern states FedEx seams to be the preferred carrier and around here it's UPS by a landslide, FedEx has excellent 'Priority Overnight' but anything less then that and it's a shot in the dark.

kc
Old 05-12-2007, 01:24 AM
mytuneport

I was having a good day, I received email with tracking number for my F 18 today, then I read the comments about the shipping damage and start to worry about my babby out there in harms way. Well, my F16 got here in good shape so I will say a prayer and keep my fingers crossed for the F18s good health.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:21 AM
hummingbird111

can someone please tell me if they are selling the F-18's from Cermark or not,?? they still have those 3 planes on the coming soon status,,, if so does anyone know when they are " coming soon " ?????[]
Old 05-12-2007, 05:09 PM
funflyerf4

They are there just call them and give me your credit card number and we will all be happy.O.K. give them your card number too.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hopefully FedEx has good proceedures for claims.

Last time I got one like that, it took 6 months, and UPS still wouldnt pay the claim - they said it was insufficient packaging.

(well, it was insufficient from the fact that it was not capable of withstanding an 8mph impact from a falling 500 pound metal container)

Ive seen how the Cermark planes are packaged..... they travel well under even some extreme handling.
i had to file claim with fed-ex on an ARF I shipped out. had money in about 2 weeks.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:44 PM
funflyerf4

It's here again,this time much better!Thanks Cermark the plane came real quick the second time.I will be doubling up the retract rails and motor mt. rails.I allso will have to wait I must send in my other 90lx for a check up to Dub.Man I was impressed on how quick the second one arrived to me.Thanks again Cermark great service.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43614.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	685332   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rn39536.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	685333   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns43652.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	685334  
Old 05-15-2007, 09:13 PM
Big Daddy-RCU
My Feedback: (5)

Looks Good!
Did they use FedX again for shipping??
Can you tell me,
How many servos do they call for on the F-18??
What kind/size do they want you to use for the rudders??
Thanks.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:21 PM
phjoker
My Feedback: (4)

Looks awsome...Can ya have it done for the warbird meet on Sat???LOL
Old 05-16-2007, 04:36 AM
mytuneport

Man it looks great, checked my tracking number today, Fedex claims it will be here today. Whoopi.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:12 PM
mytuneport

The Fedex man showed up with my F18 today, not a scratch on the outside of the box. I unpacked the plane and gave it a quick once over and I dont see and damage. I noticed in the instruction manual it called for five standard servos, two standard ball bearing servos for elevators, and two mini servos for the rudders. By the way, if Darf Vader married Ellie Mae Clampit, would she be Ellie Vader?
Old 05-19-2007, 08:50 AM
Dblex
My Feedback: (81)

No updates guys? pics?
Old 05-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Trollmaster

Does your wife know you took the photo on her dining table. Better watch it or this will look like the first one![>:]
Old 05-19-2007, 04:26 PM
funflyerf4

No she had no clue as to what was going on.I sent her to the hobby store for servos, battery, a switch and extensions. By the time she came back everything was as good as new.Sorry but no pictures of progress because there was no prograss,to busy flying.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.