Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Nitro Planes Falcon 120

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Nitro Planes Falcon 120

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 02:04 AM
angelrcdesign
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro Planes Falcon 120

The Rossi .91 with the Byronfan is good for the Falcon.

I fly mine with OS .91 . I have no problem doing loops from level flight.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12819.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	813918   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26953.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	813919  
Old 11-30-2007, 07:14 AM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone flown the Falcon 120 with a large ST or Moki glow engine? With turbine power the airplane is impressive but turbines are not for me. Older eyes and reflexes no longer allow the desire for speed. Just want to fly something interesting an different.

Bill
Old 06-14-2008, 03:27 PM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wondering if anyone has tried this one with a MVVS 1.6? I know, I know. It's not the most engine for the WT. but just curious. Not much Dif in the size of the MVVS 1.6 or the Evo 36. JKust a thought. Later Hooker53
Old 06-15-2008, 12:48 PM
wildnloose

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had the opportunity to fly this plane with a OS 120 2s (not mine). The owner used a MAS 3-blade pusher prop. Sorry, cannot remember size, but I can tell you that the engine was underpropped.

With full flaps (read that as close to 45 degrees), this plane takes off in a 20ft rollout on thick grass (suprised me). Landings with flaps were effortless (did not have to touch controls mush), without flaps require constant throttle management.

Plane does 80-90 mph (guessing) flat and level, vertical was decent to 200ft (rolled off pretty quick after that). Loops were not that good either.

The owner tried retracts (spring air) but they did not work out too well. This was his first time using retracts. He did say that he had to add glue to the landing gear mounts, then he modified them, making them more stout for the retracts. I can tell you this guy likes to build/modify planes to his standard (read that as tanks). I'm sure his version weighs more that the original, but he has not weighed it yet. Just for reference, I have one of his kit built Shrikes and it weighs close to 7lbs