Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Wildhare LR-1 - Need Help

Old 06-04-2007, 02:34 PM
talbert
My Feedback: (7)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Wildhare LR-1 - Need Help

Hi All,

Picked up a Wildhare LR-1 Pylon plane here of RC Universe. Plane arrived in great shape although there were no plans or instructions on how to finish her off. I'm unsure of what servos I should put in it and what size. I looked on their website and no information was given. Also unsure how far back or forward I should mount the servo tray. Right now I have a box with a 85% finished plane but I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this kit.

If this turns out dry I may just call Wildhare directly, but wanted to try here first.

Thanks
Old 06-04-2007, 03:27 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Wildhare LR-1 - Need Help

Talbert:

Will give you what I know, which is not much. With a OS 25, the CG will still be nose heavy, so place your mini servos as far to the rear as you can. Chances are you will have to place your battery behind your servos. I have one purchased complete, the battery and servos are as far aft as practical. Last week, guy brought a LR-1 to the field with a Jett Q-500 40 with Jett carb mounted to try and descise the fact the thing had a Q-500 40 in it. It flew well, and a little below Q-500 speeds, being hampered by the carb restriction. Thing landed quite slowly and normal, I expected and did not see a problem. Can't give you CG or related information, needs to be constructed with wing mounts beefed up. One I saw had a alumn. plate at the front and rear hold down locations, apparently a little fragle in these areas. One I have is cracked and broken in these area, but repairable. Start with a 25 engine or you will have a very fast plane on your hands!!! ENJOY
Old 06-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Airbike
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Wildhare LR-1 - Need Help

You'll like this plane....

My nitro one is currently still flying with a SportJett 50 and speed is between 424 and 428 Quickies

My electric one is eating too many things (batteries, ESC's, and motors) so it has been detuned to "kinda fast" sport plane stauts

Here is one of the old threads on the LR-1

Let us know how your's turns out.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_34...tm.htm#3434123