Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

I just flew my new electric shrike

Old 07-16-2007, 04:30 PM
skyflyer47
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default I just flew my new electric shrike

Hey guys, I was talking a while back about making my shrike electric. I had allready finished it with a thunder tiger 46 and pipe and such. So it ended up longer than normal, because I built it before I found out it was going to be nose heavy. Any way i put in an axi 2826/08 out runner with a 70 amp opto speed control and a 11-8.5 apc e-prop. 2 thunder power 2100 11.1 volt batteries in parrallel. only had to move things around a little to get good balence. The maiden flight was today what a blast had to be at near or over 100 mph. No way to know or prove it though. I have a 14.8 3850 Extreme battery on order and a couple other props to try 10-10 and 11-10. This is by the way a 40 size shrike it didn't need a toss pretty much just a release. flew 9 minutes no worries. skyflyer
Old 07-16-2007, 04:38 PM
skull1971

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: I just flew my new electric shrike

Congrats!! fellow Shrike pilot. [sm=thumbup.gif]

Pic's??
Old 07-17-2007, 12:00 AM
Mike Connor
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: skyflyer47

Hey guys, I was talking a while back about making my shrike electric. I had allready finished it with a thunder tiger 46 and pipe and such. So it ended up longer than normal, because I built it before I found out it was going to be nose heavy. Any way i put in an axi 2826/08 out runner with a 70 amp opto speed control and a 11-8.5 apc e-prop. 2 thunder power 2100 11.1 volt batteries in parrallel. only had to move things around a little to get good balence. The maiden flight was today what a blast had to be at near or over 100 mph. No way to know or prove it though. I have a 14.8 3850 Extreme battery on order and a couple other props to try 10-10 and 11-10. This is by the way a 40 size shrike it didn't need a toss pretty much just a release. flew 9 minutes no worries. skyflyer
Yep, the Shrike will come out nose heavy. mine did balance with out extra weight but I extended the hatch to the rear so I could put the battery in the tail of the plane. What kind of rpm you getting with your setup and the 11x8.5 e-prop?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Congrats sir! A successful maiden is a Magical day

Keep us posted and get some pics of that thing!!