Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

CYCLONS FOR THE MASSES!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

CYCLONS FOR THE MASSES!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 09:59 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default CYCLONS FOR THE MASSES!!!

I want to arrange a group discount type purchase of Cyclon .061s and .15s. These are control line and free flight engines, but will also make great power and speed in small RC racer type planes. We need to get a head count to see who wants "in" and to see what the price per item will be. I don't think a finer small engine can be found anywhere with the long standing reputation for excellence.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:22 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: CYCLONS FOR THE MASSES!!!

What kind of prices do you think? These are high dollar motors....
Old 07-28-2007, 11:14 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Evan, last I checked the .15s were going for about $260 and the .061s for about $190. A group discount would drop those prices about 10- 15% [IIRC], enough of a drop in price to allow stocking up on props and glow plugs with. I will find out more. I don't see these engines as being expensive, I fly alot of 1/2A RC speed and have coffee cans full of junk Norvels, VAs and Coxes to show for it, VS a single Fora .049 that I've never had the head or back plate off of in 6 or 7 years of ownership....and 100's of ear melting and eye popping flights in the meantime.

The .15 combat motor is the same deal, built to outlast the $120 .15s and give more performance in a plane designed for speed.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:25 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a few Norvels, in .061 and a bigger .07?? size. I fly them in a few semi speed R/C planes. One I just converted to electric and the speed is probably 50% higher, 45kRPM on a 3.8X4.1 APC... 150+ on radar level 165 in shallow dives. I still have a Norvel on a mini dust and I would be interested in the .15 for an old FAI control line combat plane... the prices would keep me away though, I just can't justify them for the amount of use I'd get.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25172.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	731328   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88097.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	731329